FREE FIREWOOD......What kind?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to get in on a deal like that. I've been meaning to call around and see if I can set something like that up. I wouldn't mind some junk wood. You take the good with the bad.

3' or bigger rounds, it wasn't worth the time to split it up. The wood is so spongy it would swallow a wedge.

This add isn't for a specific single tree service , or atleast it didn't use to be.

When you submit your info it puts you on a map of willing wood recipients that various professional tree services pay to maintain.

When my buddy called he got a lady at a call center who coordinates cutting crews to the closest dumping areas.

this is probably the company clear cutting along i 75....if i wasn't 70 miles north i would be on the list.

Did she speak English and was her name "Peggy" :monkey:

From what I remember it was a legitimate "she" ... my buddy also said it was obvious that she had prepared answers and couldn't comment on anything that wasn't on here list.

My friend also told me he had to call and remove his name from the "excepting" list as they flooded him with wood in no time!... not a bad problem!

I don't get it. Why bring all that cottonwood home, only to burn it in a pile? Even if it sucks for wood, it still burns. Use it in off-peak season to save better wood.

I agree. OWB don't care what you put in it. Most people around here burn them year round. Use it to heat the water too. Those things don't care what you throw in them. I would use the pine and cottonwood in the summer and then keep the good stuff for when it gets colder out.

Back