firewood in the Cleveland area?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodpicker

Reaction score
Hi guys; new to the forum and hoping someone can help. I moved to the Cleveland area from Buffalo and I'm not used to paying $175/cord. Does anyone know a good place to buy wood in the Cleveland area? I have a trailer so I can pick it up.

Thanks,

woodpicker

Hey Woodpicker

I live in Ashtabula. About an hour and 15 min. from you and have some good firewood for sale for $150.00 a cord. If your interested let me know. Ironhead

woodpicker said:
Hi guys; new to the forum and hoping someone can help. I moved to the Cleveland area from Buffalo and I'm not used to paying $175/cord. Does anyone know a good place to buy wood in the Cleveland area? I have a trailer so I can pick it up.

Thanks,

woodpicker

HA! You are so lucky. It's around $300 delivered here.

I sell U-pick from my driveway for $20 per 1/12 cord or $240 a cord. I surly would not haul, split, dry & stack wood for less.

woodpicker said:

Thanks,

woodpicker

Pick yourself up a copy of "The Good News" weekly paper. It is published in Middlefield, about 25 minutes from you and circulated in your area. Anyways, there are a lot of Amish that sell firewood relatively cheaply if you pick it up. There was a guy last season selling it for $125/cord if you picked it up. Not only can you get your firewood relatively cheap, you can also take a 25 minute drive and be in the country! Jump on 422 west to 528 north. At the instersection of 87 and 528, go west for 1.5 miles and you will be in Middlefield. Good luck.

Back