Firewood is fun again.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mange

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got a new toy!!!!!!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Congrats Mange that is cool :cool: :blob2: , wish I had something like that to play with in our little wood lot. Grapples save a lot of work easier on the back too.

What make is that grapple??? and the tractor????

I thought you just collected saws, didn't know you were in wood biz, or is that your private stash for heating.

Larry

The tractor is a Volvo BM 400 "Buster". There is a bunch of info on internet.
The splitter and crane is "A la Mange".
I took the crane of a truck from the late -50's. I had to make a few changes and got a lot of help with the heavy work.
I need this since my back is busted beond repair, I guess that if I was a chainsaw in my collection, I would be up for parts.... ;)

The splitter cuts 30cm beech straight of, without much problem, so I plan on holding the log with the crane then cut and split with the splitter.

I split 65x65cm dry elm with ease. Pretty good for a home tinkered splitter.

[QUOTE, I guess that if I was a chainsaw in my collection, I would be up for parts.... ;)[/QUOTE]

:D :D I hear ya, I know exactly what you mean. I have been getting into those Yoga strecthing excersises more and more, it does help. but doesn't cure the problem. Then there is the good old stand-by, asprin.

Take up tree climbing, my back always feel real good after a good climb, if I'm just doing trimming.

Larry

Almost done, rotator and a few hoses left then it is done!!!!!!!!
I will test it in the morning.

5662835.b66168.jpg

Mange, what are you doing hiding all the good stuff over here?
I really like the trailer and setup you are using. It sure keeps the wood clean, plus you can load trucks etc. etc.
John

This is not easy to explain but I am making a Truck bed to set on the ground and fill, then pull up with the crane.
It will not be very big, but enugh.
Pic's to come later.

Mange, I think you should sell firewood for a living with that thing, there is practically no lifting involved on your part, just a little splitting, but that is easily achieved with a mehcanical splitter, and the loader to move the logs with. in fact, how about I move over there, and we form a partnership to sell firewood?

Tell you what, you come here I give you my 50% of the buissness! :p
I have built a hydraulic splitter, it cuts of wood up to 25cm wide, and splits ..... Everything.
I think it is in the first pic.
It has proccessed at least 250 cubic meters with I would think.

I will build one to hang in the crane and split one meter wood lengths.

That will be after the "truck bed".
I mean to pull it up loaded, with the crane and use it for unloading as well.
if it works ok, I will make more so I can fill a couple and drve it away at a later date, or leave it...

Latest posts

Back