firewood processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good friend of mine works for his dad who does firewood bundling for a living. His dad built this contraption and assembly for proccessing wood that works like a dream. I dont have pictures but it simply uses a chainsaw bolted to a plate wit han arm that acts like a chop saw. Works great. With 5 guys they can cut, split, shrink wrap and palletize a cord every 15 minutes! The splitter has 24" stroke and a mere 4 second cycle time! 12" per second! Its scary fast.

Many many years ago...

Young, dumb, and full of ideas! We had a pile of RR tie pieces to cut up.
I created (I have a long history of creations) a table mounted chainsaw!
1/2 hp washing machine motor, 16" B&C. It ran slow enough that the gauge teeth were filed off. Ties are full of grit and would dull a regular saw in two cuts. This thing cut over a cord without being sharpened.

It was a dangerous experiment, but worked none the less.

If I wanted a chainsaw cut off saw I would think about using a horizontal 4 stroke briggs style engine. Should not be to much engineering to rig a sprocket and bar onto the thing. Add a oiler, make it swing in, or maybe just up and down with a counter weight. Hmmmm. make it a vertical shaft motor and use it on a saw mill. Hmmmm....

-pat

Latest posts

Back