Firewood tarps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done it both ways ,covered and not.Just depends on the wood and how long it is in the stack before you use it.

Oak almost lasts forever.Maple if it gets and stays soggy,not too long,hickory about the same.

Tarps like everything else,I have a bunch of,good ones,cheap ones,they all work,some just better than others.Every so often TSC has them on sale fairly reasonable.Fact is,I have as I type around 12,000 sq feet of standing seam roofing under a couple of TSC tarps for about 4 or 5 years.They hold up just fine under that situation.

The trick is to tie the tarp down good so the wind doesn't blow it all smithereens,no relation by the way.

Wood tarping

After reading all post,I d buy a 36 inch wide role of black plastic,...THE SUN ILL REASLLY HEAT UP the black plastic,..Whip out the arrow stapler stapple the cover down,...Staple threw the end of the log,...You are pretty much only covering the TOP row,. Then use old jumk wood,..OR new split,..and weigh down the strips of plastic,...Use 1/2 staples if you are going threw bark etc GOOD TO GO,...E, J,..

Back