Firewood Yarder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay... Just got off the phone with them. D i c k Karsky was the guy I was referring to, that was on the original development team. He wasn't in the office. The Gal's in the main office are sending me what they referred to as 'engineered drawings' for the Bitterroot and Clearwater yarders.

Once I get them, I'll scan them in, and make a .pdf out of them... If they're too big for my scanner, I'll have them scanned at the print shop in town, and saved as a pdf... Once they're digitized, I'll upload them to mediafire, and post a link in this thread.

well i got my engineered drawings today. for al that are interested, they are very detailed with parts list included. If anyone is thinking of building there own Yarder these will definately help. just thought i would give an update.

since they have been helpful, maybe they would be willing to post them on a website. Especially if you did all the work of scanning into .pdf and very little extra work for the dept.

Help out some other people, no more work os sending oaut prints by the dept, and move the dept into the computer age....
Might be legal issues and liability they wanty to avoid, but sure could help many people. They look like simple well thought out machines.

k

I too received detailed prints of both the Clearwater and Mini Bitterroot Yarder's. I ran into an issue with scanning them in. They were originally full sized, and reprinted in 11"X18"... I'm afraid the quality loss is too much to overcome when I scanned them.

I think the best bet is to order the prints from the FS. The smaller prints I received are stamped with "full sized prints available upon request"... Those would be the ones needed to get a good digitized copy.

The problem with anything built too light or lacking in power comes when the load hangs up. There just isn't enough 'snot' there to unsnag anything. I went through this with a 3 pt winch that was hyd. powered. What a pain in the ass, walking back out to just wiggle a log or top. Swapped it over to pto power, it's much better. Don't ask a boy to do a mans job! :buttkick:

attachment.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43HeelplQIU

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=61954

Thats pretty creative. I aquired my winch from my uncle which had recently passed away. Its pretty small, but has around 75 to 100 feet of 3/8 cable. It runs off the pto, which has a worm gear in it and a lever to turn it on and off. I winch the logs up to the tractor, then turn off the pto which leaves the winch from coming undone, then I drive away with the logs attached. Mine is quite a but slower, but I have learned its very powerful. I have to lock both brakes and there are times it just pulls the tractor towards the log if there is a bind. Its the best thing I could have, but is a little close to the rear of the tractor, and I can't raise or lower the 3 pt due to the toplink connection being fixed. I want to redesign it so I can bring a log up the the rear of the tractor then lift it and off I go. Mine has nothing to protect me incase something goes wrong, but I try not to push it too much. Its still a life saver. I have skidded 3 logs about a foot in diameter with my little tractor just fine.

Old thread, new info. . . Go to the link and you can upload the .zip file. I took high resolution pictures of the Bitterroot Mini Yarder prints. If some of it's hard to read (on the material list), it's that way IRL too. View at 100-150% and you can see detail quite clearly.

If you want better quality, I suggest contacting the FS (the phone number was posted earlier in this thread), and request a copy of the FULL sized prints, not the 11" X 18"s.

Bitterroot Mini Yarder.zip

Old thread, new info. . . Go to the link and you can upload the .zip file. I took high resolution pictures of the Bitterroot Mini Yarder prints. If some of it's hard to read (on the material list), it's that way IRL too. View at 100-150% and you can see detail quite clearly.

If you want better quality, I suggest contacting the FS (the phone number was posted earlier in this thread), and request a copy of the FULL sized prints, not the 11" X 18"s.

Bitterroot Mini Yarder.zip
Hey I trying to open the files but the link does not work. Can you send me them I would like to build one myself

I scabbed together a firewood winch and was using the pickup truck to raise the skyline and then started using a double drum winch given to me by a friend , kind of a hobby firewood getter but here soon i'll be rigging it back up with a decent homemade carriage and hopefully some poor mans yarder whistles, I have the rigging needed for a northbend, but there is not enough area to accommodate for the sweep of the haul back so we'll see how it go's. (toot) (toot)

Back