Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be a mixture of water oak and red oak. Perfect for those 40 degree nights we have here about 12 times a year.

I was hoping you would drop those logs off at my place, down here West of Fort Davis, TX, my Stihl's need a good workout; and, at this elevation, we burn a lot of that good Oak.

Tom

Good to see some Texas boys cutting firewood. We use 3-4 cords of Mesquite through our insert. Gets pretty cool here (west of Abilene)

Well, you all may think no need for firewood in Florida but I make a few bucks to supplement my income selling this stuff every year except last since highschool. I love hanging out by a fire, great place to read, relax, just to think. When it gets in the 40s at night down here we make fires. South Florida is another matter...great pics and great looking wood.
J.D.

Firewood sells pretty good around here as well. But it is for 'recreational' burning for the most part. But there are definitely some homes that burn it for heat - at least supplemental.

Hunting camps in the south = need for firewood. Also most campgrounds requiring you bring wood.

I've got a really neat woodstove (dual doors w/ view glass) that was in an old house we bought and made into our office. I used it for heat for a couple of winters in a rental house I lived in and am now storing it till I build a 'summer kitchen' out by our pond, or for when I build a new tractor shed/shop. Probably just put a brick BBQ pit/fire pit in the summer kitchen since it won't have walls.

Chaser

Back