My poor shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanbrown

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I got some unexpectedly close-by firewood, and according to my insurance policy, a brand new shed too coming up! This was a couple of weeks ago and the reason why I need to get my MS260 up and running. That was a 90' tall oak. Had it fallend a few degrees left it would have taken out a good part of my house.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 2
To the left is about 20' of fence and then the house. So yes, very close. I was in that part of the house when it fell too - it was an enormous crashing sound. I remember running around the house looking at all the ceilings and corners to see what was hit. Only after a day when it was safer did I get to see this.

Safe and sound most important!!. All I'm seeing right now is you got to move the left side of that shed back behind the new one and scab a new wall onto the remaining left side and you'll make out with 3/4's of a shed better than you started.

I know that sound well of trees crashing near the house. Had an 85 ft SYP sweep the back of our house (Den)and take out a couple rafters on the covered back porch while I was sleeping in the Den. Amazing how much faster you can move from dead asleep when one is crashing by.

Plenty of Stihl guys here can advise on that saw if you run into trouble getting it running. EDIT: Nevermind I see yr elbows deep in it already!

Back