Firing on all cylinders...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked a bagful on Saturday morning...

This was Monday afternoon:

P8120224_small.jpg

Looks good!

I'm picking about everything out of my gardens right now too,

standard.jpg

Along with squash, beans, ect.. and mellons too,

standard.jpg

Even made a few pies,

standard.jpg

This is the time of the year to be "eatin" goooood! lol

SR

My Stuff

Here is a pic of my pickings.

stuff.jpg

I have enough tomatoes put up now. I have sold 50 pounds and have given a bunch away to neighbors.

I think I should have planted more okra since I am only getting 5 or 6 pods a day.

Heck, now we're about to redline:

P8220180_small.jpg

Basket has about twice as many beans as the bowl, so looks like I'll be canning this weekend.

A lot of the toms will end up going to a food pantry.

Those will probably end up as compost -- I like them *small* like summer squash size...but holy cow do they put on size this time of year FAST. Maybe I missed one that could've been picked a few days ago, I wouldn't have missed all three.

And it was too late to enter the fair in town....one of these years I'll be coordinated enough. Had to sign up by Tuesday and drop off by noon yesterday...$5 prize of the biggest zuke :D

If I had a family to feed, I'd be making some Zucchini lasagna. I'd think once cooked it would freeze well, but I don't have a deep freezer either :(

Saturday morning's haul. Taking a vacation day on Monday to get some canning done. Picking the maters a bit green seems to reduce how much I lose to rot on the vine -- I do have late blight or something working its way through them now.

P8240189_small.jpg

P8240185_small.jpg

And lets see...it's 10:40pm and I'm canning :)

Just Ducky: Canning!

Heck, most of the blog post is done before the canning, hope I'm done before midnight.

ETA:
This was today's pickings:
2013-08-26_small.jpg

Oh...and I really need to start harvesting the cabbage and making coleslaw and sauerkraut soon!

Last edited:
Peppers! I never got more than a couple small peppers in the past...got a bunch of Bell peppers I left on the vines to see if I can get 'em a bit bigger.

P9060241_small.jpg

And just remembered about this pic -- last Saturday AM:

2013-08-31_small.jpg

The red cabbage became a big bowl of coleslaw for a family party. The green cabbage is now packed in a 1/2 gallon canning jar becoming sauerkraut.

Back