first aid..?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagraAdam

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried to have a look but couldn't find a thread on this. What makes up a good basic first aid kit for chainsawing? Does anyone in Australia bother with something like quick clot (it's harder to find here)?

Thanks!

Israeli pressure bandage on your person, and know how to use it.
fleacebay is where I got mine.
I got the in date IDF ones 4 and 6"

chainsaw injuries are either fixed with band aids or major surgery. :) not much in between.

and felt picks for removing wood chips from under your eyelids, and some burn cream pretty much covers the basics.
Then add what ever else you are familiar with and know how to use.
And a fresh tube of super glue.

Thomasinvancourer has a great list

I also have a stitches kit, but have used super glue successfully too to bring wounds back together.

I would also suggest a basic first aid class, preferably a wilderness first aid class. Regularly review the contents of your first aid kit, know how to use the contents, and review the training manual that comes with the class.

If you and everyone around you is lucky, you will, as you lay on your death bed, look back on all the wasted time spent training for something that never happened.

Back