First chair carving & a mango table

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastryguyhawaii

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I posted these in the chainsaw section but thought I'd put them here, too. The chair was carved from a single piece of ohia. The mango table was cut from ground level on a odd shaped mango tree I cut down. It was also the smelliest wood I've yet to cut. A bit barnyardish.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thank-you. I find carving to be a lot of fun. I've already started another chair and will try to improve on what I don't like about the first. I don't know if doing those amazing carvings like you do is in me but you have to start somewhere.

Well thank you. We all start somewhere and I think you have a good start happening.

I posted these in the chainsaw section but thought I'd put them here, too. The chair was carved from a single piece of ohia. The mango table was cut from ground level on a odd shaped mango tree I cut down. It was also the smelliest wood I've yet to cut. A bit barnyardish.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Man that color is intense, love the unique shapes in your furniture! But my smell-a-vision is broken:hmm3grin2orange:, when you say smelliest describe that for us a little. What kinda smell does it have exactly. Does it actually have the same fragrance as the fruit?

Man that color is intense, love the unique shapes in your furniture! But my smell-a-vision is broken:hmm3grin2orange:, when you say smelliest describe that for us a little. What kinda smell does it have exactly. Does it actually have the same fragrance as the fruit?

Thank-you. This was my first experience with mango so I don't know if all fresh cut has that smell. It smelled just like a barnyard (with cows). It was very sappy wood and the smell went away as it dried but it was pretty strong for a while.

Latest posts

Back