First cut of the season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazermule

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well it warmed up here a bit so I dusted of the 372 xp and went to work on a large oak trunk from a tree that went down last season. It was a good size tree as that is a 24" bar on the saw and it took a cut from both sides to get through it and near the base if it wasn't hollow I'm not sure it would have...

In the picture are my 5 yr old and 13 yr old assistants...

Nice tree - makes the saw look small.

Those kids don't look like they were assisting that much. Were they supervising? Give them a shovel and they could pass for DOT workers.:laugh:

Yes, they were supervising. The little one though likes to help out a lot. He rolls logs out of the woods (not this big though) and is a champ at stacking...

Those kids don't look like they were assisting that much. Were they supervising? Give them a shovel and they could pass for DOT workers.:laugh:

the only difference i see is that most DOT workers sitting around are usually in larger groups than 2
:jawdrop: :hmm3grin2orange:

lol cute kids, great saw
love your wood truck in ur signature too, i need one like that!

For some reason, everyone likes that truck. It's a 1984 F350 with a 300 six cyl automatic. Not sure there is a worse combo for power out there. It's only got about 80K on it, but it's about dead. I am in the process of transferring the box to a 1991 Dodge Cummins dually I have. The old Ford was a good truck, but yah gotta get runs at hills (even in the yard) or yah ain't going nowhere....

was that the original engine ? holy cow that seems so wrong in a 1 ton truck
I had that eng in an 1980 F150 and it was OK but holy cow a 1 ton LOL !
MD

was that the original engine ? holy cow that seems so wrong in a 1 ton truck
I had that eng in an 1980 F150 and it was OK but holy cow a 1 ton LOL !
MD

Yes sir, that is the original engine. Backed by a HD C-6 auto trans and a Dana 60 daully.

For some reason, everyone likes that truck. It's a 1984 F350 with a 300 six cyl automatic. Not sure there is a worse combo for power out there. It's only got about 80K on it, but it's about dead. I am in the process of transferring the box to a 1991 Dodge Cummins dually I have. The old Ford was a good truck, but yah gotta get runs at hills (even in the yard) or yah ain't going nowhere....

Yeah it looks like it's one load of firewood away from it kicking the bucket.

i had no idea they put 6 cylinders in 1 ton duallies !:jawdrop:
a cummins is always nice though

Neither did I until I bought this one. It was a bit sluggish when I would roll across the scale at the mill grossing 15K with a load of corn on. Wow did that ever take some doing to get up to high way speed.....good thing there wasn't many hills between me and the mill....

Yes, the 91 Cummins will make an exceptional beater. I have a 2002 24V Cummins as well but that's my baby as it only still has 70K on it.

Got at it again today, here is a couple of pictures of my setup I use off road and around the yard. The trailer is some old camper trailer that a buddy was going to scrap...I said "Wait, I have just the use for that"! It's an old "Acme" brand camper also sold under the J.C. Higgins name at Sears. Also works great for mini-hayrides for the kids and trick-or-treating.... In fact, my 5 year old dubbed it his "Tricker Trailer" 2 years ago....

The 300 is a great motor,just not when it's in front of an automatic.

... or 2.73's or 3.08's with a plugged catalytic converter.

It wouldn't bother me a bit to have another 300 six in a PU or truck, if it was geared right.

In good form, that engine will surprise you with how hard it will pull, all day long.

Another vouch for the 300. They are great motors if they have the right gearing. That Cummins though is oh so sweet.

Latest posts

Back