First Decent sized tree I've dropped in a while.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a badass terminator my friend. '03 or '04? What kind of charger you going with, Kenne Belle?
Those Cobras are so fast stock. They are so easy to find HP in too. I worked with a guy who had a black one that dynoed a touch over 500hp. It would scare the sheit outta you on the highway during lunchbreaks. :D

I'm an ole mustang man myself. I had a 95 GT that I sunk a boatload of cash into. It would take a whole thread page to name it all but basically it was a 347stroker with 11.25:1 comp. Edelbrock Victor junior alum heads/RPMII intake. Had a custom camshaft innovations camshaft in it. Tremec T56 6spd, complete UPR front/rear tube setup. Had an Eaton posi unit with 33 spline axles and 3:90 gears. The first time I launched it on the track with drag radials it destroyed the stock rearend. I still have a 1" intake spacer for an RPMII intake if you need one :D
It would turn 10:70s in a 1/4 on a 150 shot and street legal drag radials. I think I have a pic somewhere. I had all the pics of it on my old laptop and it fried. I would like to get them out of the hard drive because all my engine pics and everything are gone.

I sold it back in '05 to a local kid who totaled it two weeks later. It was sold to a performance shop after that and parted out. :(

Only pic I have left. Only reason I have it is because it was my avatar on Mustangforums.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks.... I knew someone would comment. i normally wear my hard hat with face screen amd muffs all in one. I was in a rush and being thatI haven't dropped many real trees in the last few years, I kind of forgot. This was not my first time cutting. I worked for a tree company for years during and after highschool. I know better, but got in a rush. safety is a big thing, a little branch can really do wonders on you brain box.

For real, I've had some close calls before with widowmakers falling, plus spring poles. Heck, I'll spend upwards of 20 minutes or so looking at the canopy when I am felling in the woods now, and when I do it I am looking up more than half the time (like that oak I took last week, all dead branches...). Most of the larger ones I take are standing dead, those have so many branches that *might* bust loose.. And I've seen a bunch of that one tree knocks another shakes it up and their branches go flying all sorts of directions. I'm not a pro and not in any sort of production rush schedule, so..doesn't matter to me. I've waited to take a tree until I was confident I could do it better. Still learning on larger tree takedowns.

Just about lost some dogs before taking them with me, now, they all stay chained up until the trees are all on the ground.

Cars..lived in dee-troit burbs mid to late 60s. I've never been into street rods but a lot of my friends were. Best I recall, ater seeing just gobs of incredible street cars, is a sleeper made from an old comet. The guys dad was a muckety muck at ferd and got him one of those nascar sohc cobra engines, 427. That car was just scary fast.

Not much in the way of blowers/turbos back then, just built up displacement, mostly. Some, but not as common as today on street cars.

Best looking and probably the best built stock engine I have seen is a friend of a friend's ferrari boxer, v12 with six webers on it. Engineering artwork.

Good job Steve, you got more balls then me to drop trees in front of your place. I got 5 of them horrible maples triple the height of my 2 story in front of my place. I wouldnt think about dropping because it is way over my skill level being 20-25 feet in front of the house. You still up by Woooo? ;)

Did your wife ask you to sweep up the wood chips in the front yard? ;)

video quality better........

than on my little flip phone .ha ha Man you were busy saturday. I need to hook you up with a buddy of mine . At one time Paul had 23 mustangs,some runners ,some parts. He still has a 68 GT 390 4 speed convertible he wants to restore. all original. Sent you a pm about another subject. Nice job steve. oh and nice shop full of toys. :clap::clap:

Possibly great stuff, tho' I noticed NO pics of the house AFTER the tree was down!!

Good job, fun time, cute dog - Your garage sux

luck,greg

I bought the badass garage and got a nice renovated house with it (shortsale)

Thats a badass terminator my friend. '03 or '04? What kind of charger you going with, Kenne Belle?
Those Cobras are so fast stock. They are so easy to find HP in too. I worked with a guy who had a black one that dynoed a touch over 500hp. It would scare the sheit outta you on the highway during lunchbreaks. :D

Cool. Its an 03, they didn't make Sonic Blue in 04. the blower is top secret.... lmao. I'm not really a vert fan, but after looking for a long time I "settled" on this car. I love it now,but kinda regretted it at first. it is a good thing it is a drop top, otherwise I would have ripped it apart racing it... I bought it after I got home from working the tampa superbowl and walked in my ex finace' and my ex best friend.. I took off traveling the country for work, for few years. didn't want to be around home, threw all my stuff in storage and away I went. Woke up one day and said, i want a sonic blue terminator, and took my house money and bought it! It was what I needed at the time.. I was going to leave it stock, just to get back into the hobby... as you can see it isn't stock... it has gone 11.60's on those 18"BFG street tires. I've never launched it on slicks. I just rebuilt the entire IRS so I am wanting to lauch it on some stickytires and see if it can't dip into the 10's on the stock blower! But I don't want to hack it up and put a cage in it, it is just my cruiser. MY 86 vert should be done in a few months. 342, sportsman block, TEA renegade ported TW heads, AFM blower grind, Vortech Ttrim, Built TKO, etc. Shooting for a realistic 600 RWHP in a car a thousand pounds light than my cobra. My goal is 10.50's on 17" drag radials. It is fully caged, tubular Kmember, Arms, built rear, etc. Sonic is number 29.. that is 29 mustangs i've owned, not including the 50-70 I've parted out or sold strictly for money... lol

Good job Steve, you got more balls then me to drop trees in front of your place. I got 5 of them horrible maples triple the height of my 2 story in front of my place. I wouldnt think about dropping because it is way over my skill level being 20-25 feet in front of the house. You still up by Woooo? ;)

Hey! No, I haven't been in or around wooster in a LONG time. stayed in clinton for awhile when i was traveling. This place is in between Akron and Youngstown, out by Lake Milton/Berlin Lake area.

Did your wife ask you to sweep up the wood chips in the front yard? ;)

Uhm Negative, read above.... My only sweetie is Turbo. shes a year and half old Boxer-Pitt stray. She's the best buddy i've ever had! She enjoys playing in the chips and noodles, so we didn't clean them up Sunday...lol

[
QUOTE=Itsme7;3866717]Very nice! Nice stang too, Cobra by chance?[/QUOTE] yeah, 2003 SVT cobra. #3669, one of 340 Sonic Blue convertibles.

It was on display inside of Summit Racings' showroom a few years ago for a couple months.

http://www.arboristsite.com/readers-rides/123070.htm

than on my little flip phone .ha ha Man you were busy saturday. I need to hook you up with a buddy of mine . At one time Paul had 23 mustangs,some runners ,some parts. He still has a 68 GT 390 4 speed convertible he wants to restore. all original. Sent you a pm about another subject. Nice job steve. oh and nice shop full of toys. :clap::clap:

Thanks bud... yeah I was sore monday.. haven't done this in a while... but I love it... now I want to keep all the saws and cut down everything in site... lol

Last edited:
Therapist?

I bought the badass garage and got a nice renovated house with it (shortsale)

Cool. Its an 03. they only made 340 Sonic blue cobra verts. the blower is top secret.... lmao. I'm not really a vert fan, but after looking for a long time I settled on this car. I love it now,but kinda regretted it at first. it is a good thing it is a drop top, otherwise I would have ripped it apart racing it... I bought it after I got home from working the tampa superbowl and walked in my ex finace' and my ex best friend.. I took off traveling the country for work, for few years. didn't want to be around home, threw all my stuff in storage and away I went. Woke up one day and said, i want a sonic blue terminator. I was going to leave it stock, just to get back into the hobby... as you can see it isn't stock... MY 86 vert should be done in a few months. 342, sportsman block, TEA renegade ported TW heads, AFM blower grind, Vortech Ttrim, Built TKO, etc. Shooting for a realistic 600 RWHP in a car a thousand pounds light than my cobra. My goal is 10.50's on 17" drag radials.

Hey! No, I haven't been in or around wooster in a LONG time. stayed in clinton for awhile when i was traveling. This place is in between Akron and Youngstown, out by Lake Milton/Berlin Lake area.

Uhm Negative, read above.... My only sweetie is Turbo. shes a year and half old Boxer-Pitt stray. She's the best buddy i've ever had! She enjoys playing in the chips and noodles, so we didn't clean them up Sunday...lol

yeah, 2003. #3669.

Thanks bud... yeah I was sore monday.. haven't done this in a while... but I love it... now I want to keep all the saws and cut down everything in site... lol
yep you need help:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

434.jpg

430.jpg

Turbo helped gather wood too...

427.jpg

425.jpg

426.jpg

435.jpg

Got a huge brush pile for Freaks annual bon fire coming up in a couple weeks:

440.jpg

I think there is about a cord and a half total (not all in the pictures) that's all I could get before it got dark. I got three of those crates full, enough that my little tractor DID NOT like the weight at all, and a couple loosely filled pallets.

442.jpg

That Sonic blue is a favorite color of mine too. A picture just cant do it justice. Thats a badazz ride. I'd love to get me another Mustang one day.

600hp Should definetly turn 10.50's, especially in a fox body. The Sn95 cars like mine had about 500 extra pounds on them. Mine had a touch over 400hp NA. The 150 shot would give me 10.70s. It's alot to do with the suspension when you're trying to hook HP like that, as I'm sure you know. The UPR suspension was adjustable and set up for launch. That and some good drag springs...and tires. I had the M/T ET drag radials. They wore fast but would hook like a dream on 18's.

Long video of the MS360 and 372xp. both woods ported. Both saws wearing off the reel Stihl RSC square ground and both saws running 8pin rims. The 360 was set very fat for its first couple of tanks of fuel.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g59OpAC5xys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I used a 7900 with a 28" Stihl ES bar and chain to drop it, then the 5100, MS360 and my 372 to cut her up. more pics and video to come.

6F6E6853-3C70-46D6-AC4D-4FC3C65D7EBD-3858-00000740EE668F08.jpg

That would have gone a lot smoother if you had some decent chainsaws :msp_ohmy: :msp_tongue: :jester:.

Seriously, nice job :clap:, thanks for the vids & photos!

Very nice! Love Cobras, my dream car. Was close to pulling the trigger on a 03 black hardtop SVT Cobra Kenne Bell charged a couple years ago, but needed a vehicle i would get more use out of, so ended up with a truck. One day a 03-04 cobra will be in my stable. :msp_w00t:

Back