First Log

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juicemang

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My brother and I milled our first log today. 10.5' 24" ash log made some nice slabs. I got some pics of my new 880 and the smaller logs that I was able to bring up to the shop with our loader.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dammit that is a big saw. Locally a guy wants to sell me his hardy used 090 power head. Do any of you know if that old 090 actually has more power than a 880 Magnum does now?

I think the actual power of the 880 and 090 are about the same, but the 090 produces it at lower revs. This means more torque for milling :)

Thats some Nice slabs there there Juicemang.

Cheers

Ian

Those are some great looking slabs juicemang, what cha gonna do with those? Are you running .404 on that 880? And what kinda mill is that? GB or a granberg alaskan? You got some really nice looking logs there to mill. Guess you'll be busy for a while. Really like all the pictures and keep :rockn:

Got any pics of some actually milling? And what size is that mill? Nice pics!!:hmm3grin2orange:

The mill is a 56" alaskan, and yes .404 chain. I would not consider myself a woodworker yet. I have basic woodworking skills and a good amount of rough carpentry work under my belt. My grandfather is a woodworker so I have access to a shop and a good person to learn from. I have some logs that I have plans for and others I'm hoping to sell. I just started tree removal and pruning away from my golf course job this summer. All the money that I have made so far has went to new gear and milling. Right now I'm getting more jobs then I expected. If I keep getting a good flow, I'm going to shoot for full time on trees and get a shop of my own in a few years.

Nope, my brother was on the other end pushing and acting as my auxilery oiler:laugh: I think I will have a friend around next time I mill so he can take some action shots.

From the looks of the pics, I'd say you really need to lighten up and start enjoying yourself.:laugh:

Back