First Problem with Ryobi 10532

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my first problem. The plastic cogs on the starter assembly have worn out and will not engage dogs on the rotor assembly. I have gone to ereplacementparts.com but I am unable to find the part I need. The problem seems to be that the cogs will only engage spring loaded dogs about 3/16 of an inch which causes the edge of the cogs to wear down. I was wondering if I could bend up the spring loaded dogs to engage the cogs farther. See pic for clarification. The saw is still under warranty but I would prefer not to deal with that. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. Ray:givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

Seems Ryobi doesn't sell a lot of the small parts individually, just in assemblies. Like Trigger Man said, you might be able to get it from a RedMax dealer. Get in touch with cuttinscot and see if he can help.

Just FYI here I have a dead one sitting on my bench . Cylindar is scored and along with the piston and rings , It does not start or run , however I dont beleave from the looks of the saw it has many hours on it. If your interested in the whole power head for parts PM me .
The reason I am not fixing it is because just the piston and rings will cost me 46 bucks , Just not worth it .

Latest posts

Back