Fix for missing rubber "bushing" on 041AV front handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADK_XJ

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all, thanks to some help I solved my first issue with an old 041 - now I've noticed a piece of rubber that looked to be screwed into the lower section of the front handle has come off and I'm trying to figure out what I could rig up to replace it. Any creative thinkers out there?

It's dark here and my saw is in the barn, so I grabbed a google image and drew an arrow to the piece I'm referring to - I'd say it was about .75 inch diameter, 1-1.5 inch long black rubber bushing type thing:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 10
Yep, those annular buffers are pricey on epay. I believe someone has started making after market clones though. In a pinch though, you could try a short section of stiff rubber hose using hose clamps tightened to the end of the handle and the short stub that is attached to the saw. Might get you by for a while.

Will check out jacks small engines and the hose/hose-clamp is a good one, bobt. Thanks for the suggestions! It's still been running fine but I feel weird about using it with a loose handle, I'm probably stressing the other connection points.

Will check out jacks small engines and the hose/hose-clamp is a good one, bobt. Thanks for the suggestions! It's still been running fine but I feel weird about using it with a loose handle, I'm probably stressing the other connection points.
Yea better safe then dead or injured

Latest posts

Back