flex liner down a triple wall questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushmans

Smoke Dragon Herder
Reaction score
I finally removed the sheeting from the chimney chase today as i have been planning on installing a wood stove to replace the fireplace insert.

I have a free standing wood stove to replace it with.

I was looking for a rating on the chimney but all I found was this

View attachment 309299

attachment.php

I would like to run a stainless flex liner down this triple wall and hook it to the wood stove.

I don't know where to find the parts to do this. I have to disconnect the fireplace insert right above the insert itself and put in a elbow or a "T" connection. I could install a door in the outside chimney chase (in garage) to clean out the "T" connector.

View attachment 309300

attachment.php

Anyone ever done anything like this or know where I could find the right parts? The chimney is pretty big. I would guess the outside diameter is around 20 inches or so. The brush I use to clean the inside is an 8". Essentially I would be making a quadruple wall chimney with the liner.

Thanks in advance for any help. Wood burning season is right around the corner

-Bushman

I would think that a flex liner (6 inch) should fit down well, then at the tee insert a 6 to 8 reducer fitting. So the stoves 6 inch flue go's into the 8 inch tee, open cleanout, then reduces to 6 inch for the vertical run with the flex.

I finally removed the sheeting from the chimney chase today as i have been planning on installing a wood stove to replace the fireplace insert.

I have a free standing wood stove to replace it with.

I was looking for a rating on the chimney but all I found was this

View attachment 309299

attachment.php

I would like to run a stainless flex liner down this triple wall and hook it to the wood stove.

I don't know where to find the parts to do this. I have to disconnect the fireplace insert right above the insert itself and put in a elbow or a "T" connection. I could install a door in the outside chimney chase (in garage) to clean out the "T" connector.

View attachment 309300

attachment.php

Anyone ever done anything like this or know where I could find the right parts? The chimney is pretty big. I would guess the outside diameter is around 20 inches or so. The brush I use to clean the inside is an 8". Essentially I would be making a quadruple wall chimney with the liner.

Thanks in advance for any help. Wood burning season is right around the corner

-Bushman

Can't help with the advice except. DO IT. I used my old 9" triple wall for a wood stove 6" flue. It doesn't work well without a liner. Tried all last year to get the local business that does it - no go, won't even call me back to make an appointment for an inspection. Need to start calling other companies before heating season gets here.

Harry K

Back