Florida Landscaping Evergreens

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joyce monty

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi! Can someone down in Florida help me? On a recent trip to Tampa I noticed some beautiful, tall evergreens around people's homes. Instead of having long thin needles, they had short, thicker needles that stood up from the branches. The tree was well shaped, and I didn't see any growing in the wild or in parks. I'm assuming this is a tropical plant. Does anyone know the name of this tree? I know it isn't a Norfolk pine, because I already have them. I'd appreciate any information!

If you tell me where you saw the trees, (ex: street, near a store ect.) i can tell you what it is! << in Tampa:blob2:

evergreen tress in florida

Hi to Peaches & all who replied!! Thanks for taking the time!! I saw the trees around the Clearwater/Indian Rocks beach areas. I have Norfolk Island pine trees that I raise in my house, so I know these are not that kind of evergreen. They were beautiful trees, but the only place I saw them planted were around people's homes and in their gardens. I'm assuming these are landscaping trees, like the King Sago palms. Can anyone tell me more?

Latest posts

Back