Fluids question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is some pretty thin bar oil !!!!! most is 10w personally I dont believe in changing hydraulic oil on tractors or combines we own 6 of them and my deere dealer doesnt think its neccesary unless there has been some kind of internal mechanical failure and this is dino oil!!!!

save the money on hydraulic oil and buy real bar oil

Don't mean to derail the thread but I had to comment.
One has to remember that oils greatest enemy is heat and over time heat itself degrades oil wether its engine, hydraulic etc. also, the filters only filter down so small and the ultra fine stuff left is what actually does the most damage to the internals of an oil filled system. To me it seems silly to compromise a piece of equipment, that costs that much to repair let alone replace, over something as simple and compairably inexpensive as an oil change. Just seems like sheap insurance to me. But thats just my opinion.

Wonder what the warrenty dept. at Deere Corp would think of your dealers "advice"

Don't mean to derail the thread but I had to comment.
One has to remember that oils greatest enemy is heat and over time heat itself degrades oil wether its engine, hydraulic etc. also, the filters only filter down so small and the ultra fine stuff left is what actually does the most damage to the internals of an oil filled system. To me it seems silly to compromise a piece of equipment, that costs that much to repair let alone replace, over something as simple and compairably inexpensive as an oil change. Just seems like sheap insurance to me. But thats just my opinion.

Wonder what the warrenty dept. at Deere Corp would think of your dealers "advice"

Having never had a claim on any hydraulic component warranty I dont think they would care that much, I think the actual interval is something like 5000 hours anyway and most of the time you will blow a hose and have to put 10 new gallons in it anyways once or twice in that amount of time that is my experience

ps: our tractors usually get run up to about 10,000 hours before trading and people line up to buy them

I think my maintenance plan is working fine

Having never had a claim on any hydraulic component warranty I dont think they would care that much, I think the actual interval is something like 5000 hours anyway and most of the time you will blow a hose and have to put 10 new gallons in it anyways once or twice in that amount of time that is my experience

ps: our tractors usually get run up to about 10,000 hours before trading and people line up to buy them

I think my maintenance plan is working fine

:agree2: Between broke hoses and changing hydraulic filter once a year, we never changed fluid either. Fluid was always in good shape.

Latest posts

Back