FNG intro, little info, and of course a few questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chazz11B

Confused delirium
Reaction score
Howdy all

Names Chazz short for Charles. Prince charles ruined the name for me by getting married while I was elementary. My once hated stepdad ruined chuck and charlie. I'm a disabled veteran infantry ARMY. Mostly severe classic PTSD and all its fun little attributes. I have a few buddies and one friend that are all arborists. I kind of stumbled into the firewood business I currently run on a seasonal basis mainly from Esperance WA.

A buddy of mine that has cancer and lost most of his buddies going through chemo, losing job, fair weather friends etc. I'd rather have an enemy than a fair weather friend my self. Anyhow he gave me a echo 302 one day that he never could get started. I took it home cleaned the airfilter, gas tank, carb, etc. after about 25 pulls I noticed it was turned off... I flipped the switch pulled the plug ran a hair dryer into the cylinder and dried off the plug to help with it being flooded. Yes it works unless you want to let it sit for hours. The saw fired up and began cutting some shrubs down.

I didn't need it anymore and knew nothing really about chainsaws. So I traded/slash sold it for a 268 xp for 25.00 bucks and the echo. The husq' was too heavy for him. No it didn't take me long to except that deal As soon I fired it up and cut some branches with it I was hooked. So began my journey down the path of selling firewood. I have to admit there's a certain rush running a saw. She runs good after I put about 120 bucks into her fuels sytem and some other odds and ends. I have a steady flow of good wood to cut and stack thanks to my aborist buddies.

I now own a 27 ton splitter, several mauls, wedges , and a 25hp tractor and cart ordered and on it's way. The pushing of a wheelbarrow full of wood down a soggy path got really old for me and my emplyees. I bought a McCulloch MS1639NAV for 25.00 all it needed was the starter recoil/ cord adjusted. I screwed up and drop the assembly and the stinking spring uncoiled in my living room :censored: It's a 15.00 fix. I'm going to take it after trying to put the spring back in my for a few hours :dizzy:

Now I've seen 2 reviews that say this things a laminated turd. All shiny but still a pos when it comes down to it. Some others looking for parts, selling theirs, etc. Should I keep it after getting it fixed to use when I get a bar jammed and other small jobs? Or is it not worth the 25.00 (now 35.00 with gas and time) I paid for it?

I'll be autographing paperback copies of this intro and question post at a later date. PM for location, date and time. But seriously Thanks in advance for your time and patience. I probably left out a word or two here and there. I'd like to blame PTSD, meds, dyslexia, and ADD but I can't figure out which one it is. :p Chazz

Yeah... I just noticed the ask chainsaw ?'s here tab. sorry. I wasn't even sure this post went up. I wrote it and when I hit the post tab the screen flashed another screen or 2 and it disapeared. The other screen/screens weren't up long enough to read much of it. I think I saw a letter counter and couldn't tell what the other said. I figured I wrote too long of a post and it was deleted. won't happen again.

Back