Fogging cylinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehgauss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just "fogged" the cylinders of my outboards (sprayed some stuff into the carburetors as recommended by boat dealers) to lay the motors up for the winter. I'm also done cutting firewood for the year and wonder if the same treatment is appropriate for my chainsaws, since I probably won't be starting them until spring. Is this a recommended practice for chainsaws? Gene Gauss

If your saws are going to sit all winter, then yes. One of the best ways to do this is to take the spark plug out and put a teaspoon of 2-cycle oil directly into the cylinder.

I've had very good luck with Sea Foam Deep Creep as a fogger over the past 10 years or so. Snowmobiles, boats, saws and vehicle engines.

Give it a try, can is cheap from your local auto store and unlike 2-cycle oil, it also loosens the carbon deposits in your motor.

I use some wd40 when I won`t be using a couple of my saws for a while, a while is usually only a month or so for me though, honestly I should probably just sell half of em.

Back