foley 308 grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superhaus

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a old foley 308 grinder and was wondering does anyone know what the sliding chain vise has on the outcome of the chain. I know foley says about moving it for left or right cutters. Just wasnt sure if it made a difference and didnt want to mess up a chain. If any body knows pleas let me know i would apprecciate it.
THANKS

just got a Foley Belsaw 308 too and are just figuring it out ...

does anyone have a pdf of the manual for Foley 308?
copy rights are probably long expired on something that old ...

I've gotta Foley that looks different from the one posted.

Moving the chain clamp for left/right cutter keeps the cutter tooth centered under the axis of the grinder wheel.

Thanks, that makes sense. So does it make a difference if its a semi chisel or full chisel?

I've gotta Foley that looks different from the one posted.

Moving the chain clamp for left/right cutter keeps the cutter tooth centered under the axis of the grinder wheel.

come to same conclusion tonight ... moving chain holder to two marks keep grinder wheel with same center line as chain pivots to grinder reverse side.

my silvey round grinder is set in the middle. when you pivot grinding wheel is not centered for either side. it's off-set same amount for both.

Foley Belsaw 308 does some of the nicest round grinds ... very precise results!
easily equal to Silvey round grinder. motor is much stronger on Foley.
wheel is larger on Silvey ... time to buy a high grade wheel for Foley 308

289897d1365738727-photo04091253-jpg

Back