Footlocking Injuries

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a year where I footlocked nearly every day to set an anchor. I had neck pain and some serious tennis elbow from gripping (no mechanical ascenders), but no ankle or knee complaints whatsoever.

fuel soaked crotch

coydog said:
I've got nerve damage in my shins from so much time in my hooks, I've got muscle imbalances in my neck and upper shoulders from so much time using a chainsaw, I've got tendenitis in my elbows from advancing my friction knot and climbing in general, If I footlock a whole lot my foot starts to hurt, A touch of carpal tunnel from orchard pruning with the felcos, I threw my back out once checking my mirrors while cranking the wheel during a tight chipper maneuver,I think I got a mild hernia from loading chunks of oak into the back of a full chip truck,countless cornea scratches from sawchips finding there way through my ansi approvedsafety glasses, but what I really hate is when the pole pruner cord snaps me in the wee-wee.
U forgot the groundman not tightening the fuel cap and so the tank empties into your crotch ....that fuel can sting senseytive tissue

Rob Murphy said:
U forgot the groundman not tightening the fuel cap and so the tank empties into your crotch ....that fuel can sting senseytive tissue

Yes and can lead to stealing a clean pair of undies of the customers clothesline:hmm3grin2orange:

Trev

Ryan Gossen said:
I had some serious tennis elbow .

Shortly after learning to FL I also had tennis elbow, but had no clue as to what was causing it until I read your post. And come to think, once I started using Pantin instead, tennis elbow went away.

Latest posts

Back