For Sale cheap 346XPne

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orange fever

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Stupid hurts and today I was stupid. I got my 346 stuck in a cut and cut it out with my bigger saw. Long story short tree butt fell on the 346. Rear handle, chainbrake, and gas tank are broken, muffler is dented, front handle is slightly bent, engine is fine. This saw runs perfectly, has had about 4-5 tanks of fuel through it since I bought it new. I am asking $275 for the powerhead only and I will pay the shipping at that price. First buyer gets it. If it's not as I described it I will refund your money. I have dial up so a picture will be very difficult.

Now you tell me

That is so obvious, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I guess because I have cut them out before with no damage. Anyway it's broke and for sale. Someone can put it back together and have a great saw cheap, I'll take my losses and buy another one.

I feel your pain man. I really do. I never thought about it until I read it here, but I now remove the powerhead from the bar when this happens to me. That way all I might loose is a bar.

Outboard clutch design does not lend itself to easy bar and chain removal while pinched in a cut....

Wait it makes the saw handle better right??:monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Scott

That is so obvious, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I guess because I have cut them out before with no damage. Anyway it's broke and for sale. Someone can put it back together and have a great saw cheap, I'll take my losses and buy another one.

I know, I know. I never thought of it before either. But I'm not too proud to admit I've had to do it several times. Sorry about your loss. It could at least been an old saw!

Outboard clutch design does not lend itself to easy bar and chain removal while pinched in a cut....

Scott

No it has a lot better gyro something or another...ST can fill you in on the details of this ;).

Wait it makes the saw handle better right??:monkey: :monkey:

Scott

Yes, to both statements, but you can of course cut the chain to get the powerhead off......
Not that hard to do - but your point sure is valid!

It's all about trade-offs, and common sence when a situation occurs....

A sidenote, all the saws the famous sawcrusher Gypo have crushed trough the years have had inboard clutches..........:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :givebeer:

Last edited:

Scott

Maybe you should write to Husqvarna and tell them to stop selling more saws then Dolmar. Because you don't like the outboard clutch. And so many do.
Brahahahahahaha

Maybe you should write to Husqvarna and tell them to stop selling more saws then Dolmar. Because you don't like the outboard clutch. And so many do.
Brahahahahahaha
I'm not sure how many husky users actually prefer the outboard clutch...but there are many that like their saws.

rip

o/p,
sorry for your loss. i got one stuck the other day and decided not to remove bar. just lazy. worked out alright, but i guess i was lucky. next time i will remove it. hope you sell it and keep on cuttin':chainsaw: .

to the other fellas... doesn't matter if the clutch was inboard or outboard, this guys saw is kaput.:mad:

Make me an offer

You guys have first chance until Sunday afternoon, then I will put it on e-bay. I'd rather sell it here if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Back