For the hotblast owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaff113

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok so I have always had my 1557m as an outside furnace, well I moved to a new house that was perfect for this thing to be inside the basement. I have been running it for Afew weeks now and have noticed that the front door handle is always extremely hot, I guess I didn't have this problem when it was outside due to some heat loss from the door being exposed. Does anyone have any fix for this the obviously putting on a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I was thinking about drilling the door and installing another handle. Seems to most likely be the only way

@laff113 I had a wood handle on my insert and eventually it dried out , cracked and fell apart. I found a green piece of wood, drilled it out and screwed it on to the metal rod. I am on my second replacement piece of wood. DSC01100.JPG

Another question for any past or present hotblast owner. Are their any tricks with the feed door latch. I can never seem to keep all the bolts tight. The door latches shut but it doesn't look like it puts any pressure on the door.

Another question for any past or present hotblast owner. Are their any tricks with the feed door latch. I can never seem to keep all the bolts tight. The door latches shut but it doesn't look like it puts any pressure on the door.

I have the same furnace. Go to your local hardware store & get 1/4" by 3/4 " long bolts & nuts with the nylon theads. U will have to redrill holes to the next size bigger. Works like a charm! It snaps over real nice with a tight fit!!

I have the same furnace. Go to your local hardware store & get 1/4" by 3/4 " long bolts & nuts with the nylon theads. U will have to redrill holes to the next size bigger. Works like a charm! It snaps over real nice with a tight fit!!

I was wondering how well. Lock nuts held up with the heat on the door. I will go pick some of these up today.

i would try those thin lugged type lock washers, i think the heat would melt the nylon lock nuts.

The set up now is Bolts with lock washers and nuts but they always seem to work loose after Afew open and closes of the door.

Easy fix! Whack the thread with a hammer. Not so violent that you molest it completely. But just enough to make it a litlle flat on one side. Now screw together your latch door or what ever and you have given it heatresistant Locktite. Do not recall the Locktite number but I think it is Farmer 2000!

Motorsen

...have noticed that the front door handle is always extremely hot...
Welding gloves... the longer the better (mine go nearly up to the elbows).
I keep a pair laying by my furnace... the first thing I do is slip them on.
I guy can even reach right in the firebox to load and/or adjust burning logs without even singing the hair on his arm.
And, handling wood, the ash pan, or whatever... hands stay perfectly clean.
Welding gloves have been standard equipment for... well... decades.

Welding gloves... the longer the better (mine go nearly up to the elbows).
I keep a pair laying by my furnace... the first thing I do is slip them on.
I guy can even reach right in the firebox to load and/or adjust burning logs without even singing the hair on his arm.
And, handling wood, the ash pan, or whatever... hands stay perfectly clean.
Welding gloves have been standard equipment for... well... decades.
I do the same. I even have a chair next my furnace.

I had one years ago I mean years ago , found some big steel pop rivets . Not sure if this was right ,I was done with chasing bolts.

ive never had any trouble with my handle getting hot and sometimes i have stack temps of 1200+. i put a magnetic thermometer on the front of the stove and its hardly legible from the heat its seen burning the paint on it. as for the tension on the handle, i never use it. the weight of the door keeps it closed plenty tight.

Back