For the hotblast owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive never had any trouble with my handle getting hot and sometimes i have stack temps of 1200+. i put a magnetic thermometer on the front of the stove and its hardly legible from the heat its seen burning the paint on it. as for the tension on the handle, i never use it. the weight of the door keeps it closed plenty tight.

Dam that's interesting. I can tell you when my magnetic thermometer on the front says 400 to 500. You would be sorry if you held on to the grab handle. Been fighting fire for 15 years so I have had my share of grabbing hot stuff. Does yours have the handle built into the front of the feed door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dam that's interesting. I can tell you when my magnetic thermometer on the front says 400 to 500. You would be sorry if you held on to the grab handle. Been fighting fire for 15 years so I have had my share of grabbing hot stuff. Does yours have the handle built into the front of the feed door?

Mine too,it's a metal handle attached to the door.Didn't know I knew so many french words when I would grab it without gloves Haha! Happy Holidays!!

This is what the front of mine looks like. Are we talking about the same handle design?

161615_2000x2000.jpg

This is what the front of mine looks like. Are we talking about the same handle design?

View attachment 544682

Here's what the 1557 has.
1d4cb3a6b7784ccc49c9e6df2c0c0580.jpg

My brother has one of those Hot Blasts.

He got the first one replaced under warranty, firebox was cracking pretty badly.

It's OK for the price, though the firebox is tiny. IMO would need to be at least double the size.
He heats a 3 bed 2 bath house, it's very much a feed wood every 3-5hrs stove.
Maybe I'm spoiled with my Blaze King, I dunno

I have one in my 576sq.ft. cabin, it was free and in good shape. I would never recommend any one buy one that is one thing I have learned with it in the last 14 years.

:D Al

My brother has one of those Hot Blasts.It's OK for the price, though the firebox is tiny. IMO would need to be at least double the size.
Tiny? We had a hotblast for over 20 years and that firebox was almost double the size of what we have now. Even then, we would wake up to a cold house because it would burn out. Now I can sleep in and never have to worry about a cold house in the morning.

Weird, I've had 15 hour burns and consistently get 9 hours with the furnace outside and uninsulated. Temps under 20 degrees I can get 8 hours and a warm house.

Got mine for cheap so I couldn't beat it. Not sure how big the box on a blaze king is. But this is the biggest box I have delt with yet. I think I will get a tundra when I buy something new.
b526b9aa1d139efcc39a468379096215.jpg

Weird, I've had 15 hour burns and consistently get 9 hours with the furnace outside and uninsulated. Temps under 20 degrees I can get 8 hours and a warm house.
I could've stretched it out, but in the years the furnace was here, there were 3 chimney fires. I always burned on the hotter side to avoid any issues, but still found myself having to sweep the chimney often.

I've never cleaned my chimney... nearly 25 years and 4 different wood fired appliances.
Three of those (which includes the current one) are classified as "smoke dragons" on this board... the only "secondary burn" type was removed after just one short season of complete disappointment.
I had to reload the "secondary burn" type firebox more often than any of the others.

Roughly 20" deep, 23" wide, 16" deep. That's the Princess, the small stove.

I'd hope 20* temps would mean a warm house. I can just make a tiny fire and have the house at 75* with Temps that warm. How does it do with -25*?

Back