for the mac crowd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i didn't think 66 buc's was bad for it...is that high?...man a new saw that size would be over a 1000 buc's

This should not be posted due to the fact if someone is wanting it now there's another 150 lookers. We had a problem with this about 2 years ago.

Mange said:
Follow the auction you will see, there is many bids the last hour.

Especially on the weekends like Sunday night, the price of saws go sky high.

The last time I bid was on a pair of NR rear handled 015's that were located close to me. Just for the heck of it I put $40 bucks for a bid and was not going to go any higher, surprizingly that bid held to the last 30 seconds then Cheap Sthil Parts gets them for $41 bucks, normally these small part saws go for $50 and up, I thought I was going to get a deal that day. :rolleyes:

Larry

Marky Mark said:
This should not be posted due to the fact if someone is wanting it now there's another 150 lookers. We had a problem with this about 2 years ago.

Just as Marky stated there was a problem with this a few years back. It may look like a good deal now but 5 seconds before the end it does not. I have no idea what the saw was at when you posted the thread but it ended at a high price just as the other saw the seller had. I have bought from the seller before and all I can say is I believe in the old saying " if you do not have something good to say the say nothing at all"

Bill

if this was bad of me to do where in the hell is the mods to mod the fourm?....i don't get it?...just posted it to let the mac the crowd see just in case they missed it....never again well i try to help out

ghitch75, The mac crowd that is looking probably saw it already. By posting e-bay links we are giving them free advertising space, something they won't do for us. Also, a member might be looking at that saw and have done the work of finding it and then we go post a link for the world to see and some slacker who hadn't bothered to look for something now has it dropped in his lap. I have sometimes found deals on e-bay by searching for mis-spelled words. If I went through the efffort to find something like that I'd be steamed if someone showed the rest of the world. Don't stop trying to help, just not like this.

Paul you said it better than me. Do a search on the forum of ebay and it created a war on some saws that came up.

Here's Tommy Fales Mac

DSC00003.jpg

ghitch75 said:
if this was bad of me to do where in the hell is the mods to mod the fourm?....i don't get it?...just posted it to let the mac the crowd see just in case they missed it....never again well i try to help out

I'm right here, ghitch. Nothing wrong from what I can see. I do understand what Marky and Paul are saying, and will do the search Marky suggested to see what's what, but personally I think anyone looking to buy that type of saw already knows where ebay is ;)

And there is always the possibility, that the link could help someone here, as well.

ghitch75 said:

Hi ghitch75,

Calm down , no big deal, don't sweat it.

I missed it and it was helpful to me, as I am sure others also.

Thanks for posting it.

I jumped in on that saw before you even posted anything on it! It went for alot more than what I was HOPING to pay for! Still, sometimes those of us going through the listings may miss something!

Got a little to rich for my liking as well but i suppose if you were the one selling it would be a different story, and the saw was a direct drive unit not a gear drive.

I watched an SP125C go through the roof so to speak i didn't think that someone would pay that much in the hope that all was OK with the saw.

Who said there's no money in old saws watch ebay and you'll change your mind.

Mc Bob.

there were 2 1-80's and a 1-43 that finished up yesterday. They all went too rich for me! Just trying to add a Mac to my collection!

I have missed quite a few because of price, but when you go back to see who won most times it's the karters going by the Ebay username, what annoys me is not that the saw is not going to a good cause but after they remove the engine what happens to the rest of it ??
I purchased a D-44 that was locked up as i needed the chassis for my Mc 93 but eventually and if possible i'll return to it's origional state so all will not be lost.

Mc Bob.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/ozflea/saws.html

Latest posts

Back