for "treeslayer"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
see: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=126834&highlight=mpatch

of all of the pictures and videos floating around this country of me doing tree work this was one of the only times I got the see them so I thought I'd share. The neighbor of the customer was nice enough to burn me a disk of the pictures he took.

Pretty straight forward removal of a hybrid cottonwood. Not exactly the most technical stuff that's all I can "prove" with pictures for now. Next time I get a large climbing crane job I will bring a camera just for you. Now it's your turn to send me some pics. I IM'd you the pics and never herd back so I thought I would make them public. Yes I will turn this into a pissing contest. :poke:

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/mpatrick01/

Last edited:
No offensive I have seen you before at HA WMA, Hardy,Ar.
you look like the shorter guy with the hardhat on the ground.

If I am correct,or maybe was one of your crew,cant be sure!

Nice pictures. Ya, pretty str8 forward. I was surprised to see u leave your block n sling on that top piece that u free fell out. I always climb up n get mine,damn things are to expensive. I guess it wouldn't really hurt it though. Another reason why I am big on natural crotch rigging. Just old school I guess.

No offensive I have seen you before at HA WMA, Hardy,Ar.
you look like the shorter guy with the hardhat on the ground.

If I am correct,or maybe was one of your crew,cant be sure!

I was has there, stayed in Cherokee Villlage. I am the guy in the tree in the pics and nobody from this state was there with me in AR, the guys I was with were from WI.

Nice pictures. Ya, pretty str8 forward. I was surprised to see u leave your block n sling on that top piece that u free fell out. I always climb up n get mine,damn things are to expensive. I guess it wouldn't really hurt it though. Another reason why I am big on natural crotch rigging. Just old school I guess.

Tied a stopper knot in the rigging line (so it wouldn't pull through the block) in the rope to pull the stem over, saves climbing up to retrieve the block. BTW not my block and sling ;)

Nice job! Don't think I'd be using any blocks you used in a tree though.

see: I IM'd you the pics and never herd back so I thought I would make them public. Yes I will turn this into a pissing contest. :poke:

I think slayer is out on a B double E, double R U N:laugh:

Quit takin twigs and grow some ballz. Looks like you had all the room on the ground. You like climbin all the way out and makin 5 ties and cuts? Or your grunts dont know how to get em down without cryin? Go big! some people actually wanna get done and go home().

Last edited:
Quit takin twigs and grow some ballz. Looks like you had all the room on the ground. You like climbin all the way out and makin 5 ties and cuts? Or your grunts dont know how to get em down without cryin? Go big! some people actually wanna get done and go home().

the part of the tree I rigged down was hanging over the neighbors property and he had all kinds of unmovable fragile #### in his yard along with a fence that if you looked at it wrong it might fall over, I cut most of the pieces as big as I could considering I was rigging from the same stem as my tie in. The spar I left to rig some wood down was dead and rotten hence the smaller chunks of wood.

Nice, better to be safe then sorry I do the same thing rope it down, no big holes in the lawn.:rock: would not leave hardware in tree and drop it dont no if fatigued the system.

Last edited:
Nice job! Don't think I'd be using any blocks you used in a tree though.

This guy want to start a pissing contest? I would say dropping a pole with a pulley in it is the result of poor planning or just hack so that just might end the contest right there. Hey Slayer, you ever pull BS like that? Who does that?

the part of the tree I rigged down was hanging over the neighbors property and he had all kinds of unmovable fragile #### in his yard along with a fence that if you looked at it wrong it might fall over, I cut most of the pieces as big as I could considering I was rigging from the same stem as my tie in. The spar I left to rig some wood down was dead and rotten hence the smaller chunks of wood.

Wow!! You are amazing!
Jeff :laugh:

I was razzin ya delibrate. You'll never be using my pullies! And I wasnt talkin bout logs, just the tops. Saftey is in the eyes of the man (or woman) in the tree. I wasnt there but it still looks like you coulda takin those topps out bigger. Where the hell is Slayer? Post the bucket pic already!

:agree2: matt, you funny.:hmm3grin2orange:

and take a rake. the GM obviously had plenty time on his hands.:laugh:

decent job though, can't argue with that.

Latest posts

Back