For you Southwestern Connecicut guys????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskytree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Where are you dumping logs, roots, and chips around the Danbury area? ARROW is a complete rip-off. Its cheaper for me to spend the extra gas money to drive up to GreenCycle then it is to dump at ARROW.

I used to live in Brookfield and worked for a company in Newtown... I remember by boss had his own private dump :)

logs are $44 per ton and $100 minimum for my 12' chip truck here. I dump chips though for free at a local guys' field, which is hard to find in the city of LA. VERY blessed for that.

Thinking of moving back to CT though someday. Interested in this thread.

Arrow

If you think they are inline with others you have never been to GreenCycle.

Went today with a pick-up truck full of brush. He wanted $30-, I said no F_ing way. Went to GreenCycle $11-. So spent $8- on gas and I am still under $30-.

Arrow prices change daily depending on his mood swings. Then he has the balls to try to tell you a lie to your face. He isn't getting my business.

He is getting $15 a yard, which is high. But the real problem is what he thinks a yard is changes daily. Oh and $15 a yard for chips too.

Last edited:
Most places I can dump chips for free. Ones I have to pay are getting $5 a yard. Big difference. Maybe your rolling in the cash and can afford to waste money. I don't have that luxury, and I refuse to pass the bill onto my customers.

I've used tremson on and off for years, $15 per yard though I hear they recently raised their rates due to all the material coming in.

Sorry for thread jacking, but i live in northern westchester ny, and my town municipality has an organic dump and contractors can buy a pass for $1200 for a pickup and trailer for the year and dump leaves, logs, woodchips and brush, the only downside is they do not take stumps and they are only open from 745am to 245pm 6 days a week. if you have a 6 wheel dump truck its like 3500 for the pass for the year. I can say i am lucky in a sense i do not have to worry about looking to find places to dump

Wood

Hey guys haven't posted in over a year haven't had the time new baby and managing co in Stamford. It has taken away all of my Internet time! it's great to be able to come back on the board. Anyway we use triple a for wood down here in Stamford they are pretty cheap and convenient. we also have a place in Norwalk where we dump chips for $40 for 15 yards. Their are a bunch of local farms and customers that will take as much chips as we can throw at them. How have you been treeguy82? Have you caught up with work up in new Fairfield? I'm in bethel now and the difference in damage is night and day down here we are just now starting to pick up wood and did our last crane job last week I can't count how many we pulled off houses!

PM sent, but NF is caught up more or less... spending time in the Ridge now... fun fun fun.

Back