Forest Algebra

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So, I was thinking about slowp's quote, attributed to Hooktender Keith: "a faller is merely a log truck driver with a chainsaw". It occurred to me that the corollary is also likely true: "if you take the chainsaw away from a faller, he becomes a log truck driver". Let's test that one out graphically.

04or021a.jpg

+

066-1.jpg

=

1075146.jpg

THEREFORE

1075146.jpg

-

066-1.jpg

=

04or021a.jpg

I dunno. It seems a bit shaky, mathematically. What say ye all?

I saw the word ALGEBRA and it brought back horrible feelings.

I like the formula because it is balanced and in harmony. One offsets the other. Yin and Yang...

And it looks like the weather kept you in today?

it looks like the weather kept you in today?

Better! With Presidents' Day on Monday and my regular day off Friday, I took the 3 in the middle off so I could catch up on stuff. Haven't taken time off on purpose in almost a year. 9 days off for the price of three is a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

the equation seems simple enough, looks like basic math to me. when i see algebra, the instant response is always run .. far away. had to cheat through that subject way too many times imho.

give me physics over algebra any day ... and you know why? it has far more to do in the forest than the other.

which truck will get there first?

The same math applies to foresters.

Slacker + Paint can = Forester

------------
In the same manner;

Forester - paint can = slacker.

Anybody know any good forester jokes? The only ones I know would get me banned. Oh wait...they're not jokes. Nevermind. :smile2:

Hows that go. Oh ya. The truth shall set you free.

Literally free from the site here. But jokes are fiction aren't they, so perhaps small truthful statements would be safe, but I wouldn't try it. Sucks at times when things have to stay clean huh.

Owl

Better! With Presidents' Day on Monday and my regular day off Friday, I took the 3 in the middle off so I could catch up on stuff. 9 days off for the price of three is a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

See, that's the problem with math in general, and algebra in particular; You had Monday off, (day 1), plus your regular day off of Friday, (day 2), then you took the 3 in the middle off. In a conventional and common sense world, that's 5 days, not 9. But the formula you used asked us to assume a regular 2 day weekend on each end of the equation added to the demonstrated formula, thus making the assumption of a non-variable variable, only made variable by those who don't have 2 day weekends as the normal constant in the equation, thus making the non-variable variable, variable. And that variable is actually even more variable by your expressed equationally variable of Friday's being a regular occurrence, which skew's the assumption of a standardized equation expressed through a 2 day weekend on each end of a workweek by conventionally accepted equations. Follow me?

Math stinks and pies ain't square!

See, that's the problem with math in general, and algebra in particular; You had Monday off, (day 1), plus your regular day off of Friday, (day 2), then you took the 3 in the middle off. In a conventional and common sense world, that's 5 days, not 9. But the formula you used asked us to assume a regular 2 day weekend on each end of the equation added to the demonstrated formula, thus making the assumption of a non-variable variable, only made variable by those who don't have 2 day weekends as the normal constant in the equation, thus making the non-variable variable, variable. And that variable is actually even more variable by your expressed equationally variable of Friday's being a regular occurrence, which skew's the assumption of a standardized equation expressed through a 2 day weekend on each end of a workweek by conventionally accepted equations. Follow me?

Math stinks and pies ain't square!

Right! I think. Man, my head hurts now.

Back