Forest king chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just wonderng if anyone has tried the forest king saw from tsc that comes with two bars and two chains. Looks like a good deal for a cheap little saw just to have.
3c6d41a685eda341adb46dab82b6cc4b.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Oh mabe never thoughy of that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Standard 45cc Chinese clone based on the Zenoah/RedMax G5000. Sold as Earthquake, Craftsman and a million others. Would not be surprised if it was the worlds highest production saw, at least if you include all the various displacement versions.

It is at least based on a decent design. You can find them cheaper than that on eBay.

Standard 45cc Chinese clone based on the Zenoah/RedMax G5000. Sold as Earthquake, Craftsman and a million others. Would not be surprised if it was the worlds highest production saw, at least if you include all the various displacement versions.

It is at least based on a decent design. You can find them cheaper than that on eBay.
I tried to find information on manufacturing location but couldn't. Apparently they are sold from GB forestry out of Australia. I'm assuming or hoping these things aren't Chinese. If they are Chinese then they should be ignored.

I tried to find information on manufacturing location but couldn't. Apparently they are sold from GB forestry out of Australia. I'm assuming or hoping these things aren't Chinese. If they are Chinese then they should be ignored.
It is easy to recognize that saw design and it is only made in China. They are flooded with Chinese saws down under, most likely because it is very expensive for the European brands to operate there and they don't have strict emissions limit like the US. That makes the Chinese saws competitive, unlike here where they suffer a performance hit when they restrict the porting and stuff on a cat muffler and then have to go up against US made Poulans with strato engines.

Note however that this is the smallest displacement version of that design, and it weighs too much for a 45cc saw. It's not so bad in 52cc or 58cc.

Still, the Chinese saws are based on good designs with pro construction, and while the quality control may be poor on some they will cut just fine as long as they run. For anyone with the ability to work on saws keeping them running is not hard.

Parts are hard to find and they break easy, sometimes right out of the box they are non-runners. We had a guy that brought in a few pallets, easily had a 10% failure rate within new to ~ 30 mins of use. Stuff like seized up, leaking fuel, blown up clutches, broken chains, broken recoil, won't start, won't run right, etc.

Parts are hard to find and they break easy, sometimes right out of the box they are non-runners. We had a guy that brought in a few pallets, easily had a 10% failure rate within new to ~ 30 mins of use. Stuff like seized up, leaking fuel, blown up clutches, broken chains, broken recoil, won't start, won't run right, etc.
10% sounds about right for what I've seen on the two clones I have. Just a scattering of failures, but lots of things like poor fuel and oil lines. On the other hand, parts are easy to find on eBay if you know what to look for, especially for the model series in the OP here.

Latest posts

Back