Forestry School

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crackajeff

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So today I went to WVU to register for classes and all of that stuff. I met two professors in the division of forestry and made my schedule with them. I'm pretty excited for the fall and getting started in forestry. Does anyone have any advice or tips?

So today I went to WVU to register for classes and all of that stuff. I met two professors in the division of forestry and made my schedule with them. I'm pretty excited for the fall and getting started in forestry. Does anyone have any advice or tips?

study your 120 common trees. know their common and scientific names, shade tolerance/intolerance, etc.

do that this summer.

I graduated from Oregon State college of forestry today and my advice would be to get a good background in as much as you can. Be aware that there are some many values held in any forest, so you must be open and willing to listen to the ideas of others in order to make educated and suitable management decisions. Often a decision you make can go against your own beliefs or values as a person, but will be the best management option. Oh yeah, the job market is sh!t right now, so it's the best possible time to be entering school.

Back