forgive me, weed wacker question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

371groundie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i have an old husqy weed wacker that im trying to resurect after 6? years in storage.

it always had a stiff throttle. we would always use two hands to squeez the trottle, the set the throttle lock and run it WOT 100% of the time.

since ive had it apart i can find the cause. after the throttle cable leaves its cover, it wraps 90 degrees over a curved plastic peice, then hooks into the throttle linkage on the carb. the friction rubbing over this peice is causeing the stiff throttle. sorry its a sketch, i cant lay my hands on the camera right now.

weedwackercable.jpg

i tried greaseing up the plastic peice, no effect
i tried using an old peice of fuel line as a sleeve, no effect

any ideas on how i can make this thing work easier? my trigger finger is gunna fall off!

Sounds like it might be time for a new cable. I have had good luck on sticky cables with a product called Fluid Film. It is available at most tractor/large equipment type stores. Smells to high heaven due to a high lanolin content but does a good job at lubing cables and linkages. Just be aware than once applied that is difficult to remove. Good Luck

the cable isnt the issue, its the friction between the cable and the guide it wraps around. i will try to post a picture when i get my camera back.

Back