Found an old Stihl Saw. Wondering what size it might be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen original early super's with FM style starter, i think i posted it in the "contra info thread", I've just noticed the log-logo style fuel cap on the OP's saw.......... would be nice to see the saw after a good clean up!

Yeah but combined with the gray paint, green hose handle and no S on the bonnet my bet would be that it isn't an S. The S was the first step towards the 090 - fairly late in the life of the Contra/Lightning and my S has the yellowish white paint as do my later regular Contras. It'll be fun to see it all cleaned up and a sharp photo of the id tag - of course the OP could just look at it and tell us, as you suggested, as well (if its model number is 1106S).

Yeah but combined with the gray paint, green hose handle and no S on the bonnet my bet would be that it isn't an S. The S was the first step towards the 090 - fairly late in the life of the Contra/Lightning and my S has the yellowish white paint as do my later regular Contras. It'll be fun to see it all cleaned up and a sharp photo of the id tag - of course the OP could just look at it and tell us, as you suggested, as well (if its model number is 1106S).

All good points there!..........just wishful thinking on my behalf! Did these early saws run the bing carb? or are they only fitted on the very early sand-cast Contras?

All good points there!..........just wishful thinking on my behalf! Did these early saws run the bing carb? or are they only fitted on the very early sand-cast Contras?

Be thankful that the bing was only on the first 'sand cast' Contras. No parts available and when I contacted Bing in Germany they didn't even recognize the carb model number???

Latest posts

Back