Fransgard V-3004 Review and Prices Pros Cons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesupra

Mainer
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a farm style winch for my newly acquired Kubota l2850 (around 30hp), I have a lead on a like new (purchased but never used) Fransgard V-3004, I was wondering what a winch like this would be worth?

I have been keeping an eye out for used winches and not a whole lot seem to come for sale. I am in no big rush, however I don't want to pass up a good deal just because I won't use it for a couple months.

The specs on that unit are just about the same as my Farmi JL290 unit. Fransgard is every bit as good as a Farmi or Norse, and Wallenstein for that matter.

If you can get it for a good price, jump on it. They don't last long. I looked mine up and I paid $3,200 for the winch and protective screen back in 2007 if that helps.

If you can get it for a good price, jump on it.

So you are thinking around 2,000-2,200 would be a good deal?

I hate to spend more money but I also hate to enter the woods without a winch.

If you can get it for that price, I think it's a good deal. I was recently offered $3,000 for mine, but I have no interest in selling.

Any time I have seen them on CL, they are pretty old and beat up. If it in as good as condition as you say, then yes, it is well worth it.

I have seen the next size up for sale, but they are going for $4,500 plus.

You will be amazed at what that winch will pull.

Ended up buying the fransgard v-3004 last weekend got it for 1800 just need to make up some cholera and hit the woods

Chokers not cholera

Yes....

Chokers, Good....

10316doml.jpg

Cholera Bad...

300px-Cholera_bacteria_SEM.jpg

Congrats on the winch! It will serve you well for many years.

Just take it real easy the first few times using it. Things can go bad faster than you think possible.

Don't forget to post some pics!

I agree , BE CAREFUL with your new toy . A winch will pull that tractor around ; or over ; faster than you think . very useful , and you got a great deal ! Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back