Freakystang - Husky 350 sprocket cover help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bump_r

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey, Steve! I just ran a search to find help with an issue, and you seem to be "do MAN".

I'm working on a 350, clean-up, season-ready - basically unmothballing it. So, I just gotta ask - WFF is up with that sprocket cover/ chain brake abortion they conjured up for that thing? Howinell do you get that deal back ON? It appears as though the brake is applied, as the band won't slip ove the drum. After looking at that contraption, I'm pretty sure the Germans aren't the only ones allowed to hoark a beer or two at lunch break...What a Rube Goldberg affair that is!

Oh, and the choke shaft lever versus fuel line interference is sweet, too! I think I have it looped well enough to keep hard contact from recurring, we'll see if it wiggles back.

Thanks for the help,
Bob

They make a special tool for for resetting the brake. Without the special tool, the best way is to take the bar and chain off and hold the cover against the saw with pressure against the actuator (looks like a three prong washer). The cover will be sitting at an angle but, there will be enough engagement to pull the brake handle back and reset the brake band.

Ahhh, thanks. It appeara as though the plunger actuator bellcrank has to break over center to "latch" the brake in the released position. I tried as yo state, but the three-pronged actuator (flag-operated) dogs keep slipping and are not making things real pretty.

I'll try again as you suggest.

Have you ever noticed the line/choke mechanism interference I mentioned? There was enough interference to "stick" the choke at 1/2 open even after blipping the throttle to release it. Odd engineering feature.

Here is a picture of the special tool. You can also take a cheapo hex socket and cut it end wise so it has three tabs that will engage the actuator. On the fuel line choke scenario. The choke is still hanging even though it's not hitting the fuel line.

goodbye Taiwanese socket, heeeellllo special tool!

Thanks, grande.

The choke works smoothly and freely, was just hanging up on the line. Reposositioned the line, and it works well.

Back