Free! Free!! Free!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

(WLL)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
if you don't know yet, Tree Services magazine is FREE and a great mag for anyone with interests in modern arbor-culture.

Last edited:
My kids, 9 and 12, love talken to them, I just hand them the phone and tell them "Say yer the company owner" and they just blow smoke up there a$$ till they hang up. there getting pretty good and it gives them proper phone educate.:)

I say he is out in the garage I will go get him and put it on speakerphone
and see how long they wait :laugh:

business calls

I have read that if the calls are computer generated, and you pick up, it logs in their memory banks to call back at the same time, AND they might sell your number to others.

ONE resolution is to pick up, and if the person does not start talking immediately, push the # sign 6 or 7 times, and it messes up their computers.

if it does NOTHING, it makes you feel like you have a recourse to all that crap.

Tim

Not Sure I Follow You

health care would be FREE FREE FREE!

i wonder how they feel about it now.

I've lived in Canada all my life and could count on one hand the number of times I've had to pay for any medical services . Maybe $20 dollars here and there for lab services ect . Crawled into emergency once on my hands and knees ( back woes ) and emerged 3 weeks later . Never paid a cent . I've had treatments of one sort or another all across this great country , miles from my home , and never billed for it .

Yes , we are taxed well on our incomes but I could break both my legs tonite and I would be looked after well and completely without having to open my wallet other than to produce my health care card . We have terrific MD's and I have always been extremely well looked after .

I've lived in Canada all my life and could count on one hand the number of times I've had to pay for any medical services . Maybe $20 dollars here and there for lab services ect . Crawled into emergency once on my hands and knees ( back woes ) and emerged 3 weeks later . Never paid a cent . I've had treatments of one sort or another all across this great country , miles from my home , and never billed for it .

Yes , we are taxed well on our incomes but I could break both my legs tonite and I would be looked after well and completely without having to open my wallet other than to produce my health care card . We have terrific MD's and I have always been extremely well looked after .

I've always wondered how that really worked, so it sounds like it is a good deal, what abput prescriptions?? Unfournatley I've had a couple liver transplants and med bills kill me, Canada sounds kinda cool right now and not all that far away!!!

Prescriptions ?

Prescriptions can be expensive as like anywhere . I don't think of them as medical service as much as a product . Many employers ( like mine ) provide health plans that cover a % of the cost . I believe mine covers 80 % . I have always worked with good coverage so I can only speak to those circumstances . Generic products are being promoted alot as they are less expensive and apparently have identical makeup . I believe seniors are given assistance too .

Generally , it would be safe to say no one up here is allowed to anguish in pain or sickness without help . There are exceptions I'm sure , but far and few between . There are problems up here with waiting for MRI's , operations ect and crowded hospitals but that's to be expected with the aging population .

Canada is not far from you and I wouldn't trade it for anywhere in the world .

that's what i'm talking about! oh no but wait, isn't that taking you one step closer to communism? :jawdrop: i guess that's what the right wing extemist want you to believe. and before you lambast me, you should know that i'm just a plain 'ol garden variety middle of the road moderate, so i'm not exciting politically. most of my political opinions are not fear based. i don't want to pay more taxes, the business taxes are killing me. but i'm paying $750.00 a month for family coverage now.:cry: is it just me, or is it too much to think our system could be better? i better stop...

It kills me how some people here in the states are so quick to say, "Canadians have to wait forever for medical service", or derogatorily say , "go ask a Canadian what they think of their system", etc. etc. when we've got the costliest, screwed up system P.O.S. medical system around. I'd take your system any day of the week.

It kills me how some people here in the states are so quick to say, "Canadians have to wait forever for medical service", or derogatorily say , "go ask a Canadian what they think of their system", etc. etc. when we've got the costliest, screwed up system P.O.S. medical system around. I'd take your system any day of the week.

+1, I can't believe what a mess the med. system is, no one has a idea whats going on. I think it is a scam how they make billing so confusing. It is a joke for sure, someone is getting rich for doing nothing, and I'm not talking about the Dr's.

One Smart Man

You obviously are aware of how the medical care systems between Canada and USA differ and which is preferable . As I said before I sleep really well at night knowing that my family will never be turned back or billed for any health care services . Did I mention that when I crawled into Emergency for back pain they weren't expecting me and within 1/2 an hour I was full of Demerol , in a warm bed and out for 2 days , followed by a CAT scan . If for no other reason , and there are many , that is why Canada is the place to live .

You are off to a good start here Mr. snydley .:cheers:

In my books anyways .

a lot of the problem is billing. we may charge a pretty penny for our services, but there is strong rational for doing so. case in point: my wife just had a baby. she was having a lot of pain and wanted an untra sound. for those that don't know, it requires a low skilled technician to put jelly on mom's belly and slide a wand around. well the insurance won't pay for more than two of these 'cause it costs like $300.00. it is something that i could do right now without training and it takes five minutes. i can't imagine the machine costs more that a new chipper. so meanwhile a patient goes without proper care because the insurance co wont pay b/c the doctor over charges. CRAZY!

Latest posts

Back