ANYONE NEED ANY BLACK WALNUT TREES REMOVED? MESSAGE ME

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people don't realize that urban arborists focus on 2 things, the health of the tree, and threat mitigation. The wood is just a PITA by product of the work. Even firewood is a losing proposition compared to what your crew could be making out on a job.

I told him I would bring a chainsaw. He said he did not have a chainsaw. Poplar is not good for burning until it is dry.
Poplar burns like paper, it's not great firewood. Im not picky about what I burn, but it's pretty far down on the list for burn wood. Makes nice boards for cupboards and stuff. Takes stain real well. Biggest issue I have with it, is the nice big ones are yards trees and most local mills won't take them. Webers will if you can fill a truck and it passes the metal detector. Other then that it's about worthless for more then camp wood.

Poplar burns like paper, it's not great firewood. Im not picky about what I burn, but it's pretty far down on the list for burn wood. Makes nice boards for cupboards and stuff. Takes stain real well. Biggest issue I have with it, is the nice big ones are yards trees and most local mills won't take them. Webers will if you can fill a truck and it passes the metal detector. Other then that it's about worthless for more then camp wood.
It's not like they're even being delivered or cut up for me. I like using it for carving.

Latest posts

Back