Free hearing protection -and- help me with my "new" 011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't you just love to own a business, come up with a marketing plan to get product samples to prospective business owners with safety/purchasing departments and have a bunch of dishonest folk try to scam you out of your product by lying about their "businesses"?

I started to feel just a bit like a thief after I signed up.

Guilty conscience talking here, inviting everyone here, including me, to do an audit of their "Ethics" departments.

Ian

I haven't gotten mine either. As for lying, speak for yourself. I do own my own business where I need hearing protection. My conscience is fine. No need for an ethics audit here. An awful lot of those here do at least have a part time business that requires hearing protection. Don't lump me in the dishonest folk department. If you were dishonest, well thats on you. I was honest.

Oh, and download the new ad-aware 2007 beta, it finds a lot more than the old version. The old version found 2 data miners, the new one is at 13 and counting.

Don't use Internet Explorer or Outlook Express and 99% of the spyware problem is solved.

For the rest, Ad-Aware is good.

I was not addressing business owners, at least the ones with honest interest in buying hearing protection and not one man shows just out for the free product. If you don't fit the description then there's no need to get defensive or even reply. It was just a gut check for those like me that found themselves compromising their integrity for a few lousy pieces of foam.

Ian

Last edited:
How long did it take you guys to get your box of hearing stuff. It's been like 2 or 3 weeks and I haven't gotten mine yet. Evan

Wouldn't you just love to own a business, come up with a marketing plan to get product samples to business owners with safety/purchasing departments and have a bunch of dishonest folk try to scam you out of your product by lying about their "businesses"?

Guilty conscience talking here, inviting everyone here, including me, to do an internal audit of their "Ethics" departments.

Ian

I'm retired USAF. You pay for my hearing protection, :biggrinbounce2:Thank You.
I planned on sharing the site with with my part time employer whose full time employees really need ear protection. I thought there were ear muffs included and was thinking about my Lady. I will advise my employer AFTER I get the package, probably the first of never! 2 weeks today for me.
Lou

Thank you for your service. You are more than welcome to my .03483 cents of tax money for your plugs. You've earned it. :bowdown:

Ian

Wouldn't you just love to own a business, come up with a marketing plan to get product samples to business owners with safety/purchasing departments and have a bunch of dishonest folk try to scam you out of your product by lying about their "businesses"?

Guilty conscience talking here, inviting everyone here, including me, to do an internal audit of their "Ethics" departments.

Ian

Well, I do own my on business and if people were lying, yeah, it would cheese me a little bit. I never said to lie to get your free hearing protection.

But if I was in the business of PPE and was giving away samples, I don't think I would mind if "people" - as opposed to "businesses" - were getting the freebies. They have ears too....

As for why people aren't getting their own boxes, no idea. I don't work for HL and the only affiliation I have with them is as a customer. I do feel kind of responsible for setting high expectations so I'll give the girl another call on Monday and see what the deal is....

Well, I do own my on business and if people were lying, yeah, it would cheese me a little bit. I never said to lie to get your free hearing protection.

But if I was in the business of PPE and was giving away samples, I don't think I would mind if "people" - as opposed to "businesses" - were getting the freebies. They have ears too....

As for why people aren't getting their own boxes, no idea. I don't work for HL and the only affiliation I have with them is as a customer. I do feel kind of responsible for setting high expectations so I'll give the girl another call on Monday and see what the deal is....

Hey no sweat beelsr. Im not worried about it. I think the promotion is good also everyone needs hearing protection.

Thanks to all of you giving me rep points!!!:) :) :cheers:

Am I lucky and get 29 rep to, I will get my first light green. I*ve never thought I should get so many box (dot). Unbelievable!

Love to all of you who helped me......:computer: :love1:

Last edited:

Ian

Thanks for raising the issue, Ian. I'm sure some won't care, but it's still the right thing to shine a light on it.

For myself, I asked that question up front. When I signed up, I carefully reviewed all of their conditions and stipulations.

Er, I tried to. THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY!

They opened the gate to their storehouse, and said COME ON IN AND HELP YOURSELF! NO RESTRICTIONS! NO LIMITS! NO QUALIFICATIONS!

So I did.

I told my wife that they were going to wake up and realize what a stupid thing they had done.

Perhaps that's happened and explains why nobody is getting their stuff?

Somebody should be fired for that stupidity.

I have not received the hearing protection package either. My business and hearing protection usage are legit. I buy the soft insertable ear plugs by the hundreds, have three sets of muffs and another style of non-disposable insertables.

Thanks for raising the issue, Ian. I'm sure some won't care, but it's still the right thing to shine a light on it.

For myself, I asked that question up front. When I signed up, I carefully reviewed all of their conditions and stipulations.

Er, I tried to. THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY!

They opened the gate to their storehouse, and said COME ON IN AND HELP YOURSELF! NO RESTRICTIONS! NO LIMITS! NO QUALIFICATIONS!

So I did.

I told my wife that they were going to wake up and realize what a stupid thing they had done.

Perhaps that's happened and explains why nobody is getting their stuff?

Somebody should be fired for that stupidity.

Scruples; don't you just hate them? Regardless of individual or business use the company writes it off as advertising. If it is a good product, fairly priced, the company will recover the outlay regardless.
I don't tell lies, may not state the entire truth but if queried will answer honestly. Maybe that is why my memory is still quite good; didn't waste bunches of memory retaining lies.

Anyway, back the 011. :D I have an 011. I think it uses a walbro. I'd imagine one could go dig through enough weedeater carbs, and find one that is the same or nearly the same, and make things work. :D

well I signed up me and three guys at work for the freebies....Maybe we;ll get them and maybe we won't, but thanks for the link.

-Steve

Anyway, back the 011. :D I have an 011. I think it uses a walbro. I'd imagine one could go dig through enough weedeater carbs, and find one that is the same or nearly the same, and make things work. :D

Hey, thanks for finally getting to the real issue here... :cheers:

I just ended up buying one on ebay, it's in the mail now. Later, when i have some time, I'll fix the egged out hole and find some idle screw/spring combo and have this carb as a spare...

Back