Free hearing protection -and- help me with my "new" 011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a kit 3 days ago and recieved a box in the mail today.
Looks like some good stuff in there.

Tim

Same deal, two days. NICE!

Howard_Leight.jpg

Got mine today as well. I think I filled the survey out on Monday. Today is Friday... Anyway, my birthday is next week. Will be the big 40. :bday: What a nice birthday gift to myself. :) So how'd you get the lime green muffs? Mine are like a charcoal grey. Who cares I guess. They were free and nice too. Wish they were Stihl orange. :biggrinbounce2:

I filled out the form Monday night and recieved mine today too. Not to shabby for free. Thanks for the link beelsr.

Thank You

Big fat THANKS. Filled out form, gift arrived in a few days. I will spread the joy since I have only two ears now. REP is on its way. :rock: :rock:

That would be quite annoying.

My apologies if I'm asking the obvious, (the last time I didn't ask an obvious question, it was a week of heck that could have been fixed instantly) but are you going through all the steps? (not just the name and address page, but all the survey pages too)

Yes, I filled out all of the pages, but I think I am changing my responses a bit since I got no kit. Just trying to past the test! This last time I got desperate and told them they could contact me, and also wrote a note in one of the boxes about never receiving anything. I'm too lazy to call them up about it though.

I'd all but forgotten this thread, had filled out the forms of request etc. quite a while ago and recieved nothing, I understand they were having some problems with their on-line orders. So I bit the bullet and re-filed my request, don't know if any Canucks have recieved anything from them but I figured what the heck its worth another shot. Always interested in lookin' after the old ears and thats an awesome offer for a demo package, we do go through a lot of plugs etc. and my muffs are gettin' rather long in the tooth so I'll keep my fingers crossed and see if they'll ship up here. Will post again if any happiness ensues :D

:cheers:

It's Marketing 101

For those who "fill out" the forms for the free ear plugs and do not get anything, a tip :
Things are given away for business, so that you'll buy something later. You know, like giving the razor away for free, but charging big $$$$ for the blades ( Gillette model).
Try to write that you are a small company, with a name ( e.g. Cambium LLC, or " I Drop Trees Well, Inc. ", or "machocutter.com" ) so that they know that the samples will be used and maybe order grosses of the plugs.
The products BTW are good and will be well used. The box has plenty of product for you, your crew, and friends.
Can also be used for your snoring 'partner' :rockn: . Directions say : "carefully insert in nostrils..........":jester:

For those who "fill out" the forms for the free ear plugs and do not get anything, a tip :
Things are given away for business, so that you'll buy something later. You know, like giving the razor away for free, but charging big $$$$ for the blades ( Gillette model).
Try to write that you are a small company, with a name ( e.g. Cambium LLC, or " I Drop Trees Well, Inc. ", or "machocutter.com" ) so that they know that the samples will be used and maybe order grosses of the plugs.
The products BTW are good and will be well used. The box has plenty of product for you, your crew, and friends.
Can also be used for your snoring 'partner' :rockn: . Directions say : "carefully insert in nostrils..........":jester:
Yup, figured that, I had no probs with that as we run a small crew of dedicated noise makers, I was on the level with them though and explained that we work for a community charity and our forestry and land clearing work helps pay for their good works, we'll see how far honesty goes, still was worth a shot anyhow imo. :)

"carefully insert in nostril......" lololol, truth would be more like '3am?, jamb them suckers in there an' get some sleep!' :ices_rofl:

:cheers:

Wouldn't you just love to own a business, come up with a marketing plan to get product samples to business owners with safety/purchasing departments and have a bunch of dishonest folk try to scam you out of your product by lying about their "businesses"?

I started to feel just a bit like a thief after I signed up.

Guilty conscience talking here, inviting everyone here, including me, to do an internal audit of their "Ethics" departments.

Ian

Same here. I started to fake in a business name, etc but then my 'too honest' side kicked in.

Harry K

There's "Honesty", Then There's DIS-Honesty

Same here. I started to fake in a business name, etc but then my 'too honest' side kicked in.

Harry K

Easy on the "ethics" here. Father LB now absolves you of guilt ( my certificate is in the mail :biggrinbounce2: ): you are a user of ear protection. You do use PPE (except for the Darwin Awards here). You may buy the products that the company sends samples of ( yeah, bad grammar ending the sentence in a preposition. More guilt. :blob2: ).
The webmaster put in a field for a "company". Do it. It's business: they offer you a trial of their products; you may or may not buy more. No honesty, or ethics involved here. Repeat after me : NO GUILT.
Now real ethics, and real dishonesty is a former president convicted of Perjury :bowdown: , now co-running for the same office. New thread in another forum.....maybe we can call it moveon.org ?????:D

Easy on the "ethics" here. Father LB now absolves you of guilt ( my certificate is in the mail :biggrinbounce2: ): you are a user of ear protection. You do use PPE (except for the Darwin Awards here). You may buy the products that the company sends samples of ( yeah, bad grammar ending the sentence in a preposition. More guilt. :blob2: ).
The webmaster put in a field for a "company". Do it. It's business: they offer you a trial of their products; you may or may not buy more. No honesty, or ethics involved here. Repeat after me : NO GUILT.
Now real ethics, and real dishonesty is a former president convicted of Perjury :bowdown: , now co-running for the same office. New thread in another forum.....maybe we can call it moveon.org ?????:D

Didn't mean to be 'preachy', just my make up. I am still debating ordering one but that company/postion, etc block can't be bypassed it seems. Dunno, I guess the old man's razor strap made too good of an impression on me back when.

Harry K

I picked my package up from the mail box today!

Great point about the "Company Name." I put the lumber companies name in and my address! :hmm3grin2orange:

Take a look!

Hello,
I want to tell everyone that I re-submitted the info and DID receive a box of goodies in just a few days. It was really fast ! I had posted several days ago that I had filled out the info a couple months back and never received a thing. So, to my surprise, it really did work......just had to do it twice !!!!!

Basso

Well, the marketing must be working on me.

I'm looking to buy the Bilsom AM FM Radio Ear Muffs. Sure would be nice while running the Kubota for hours on end. Surely would beat my tone deaf humming to myself!! :taped:

I got my set and used them on saturday for cutting some trees down ect. Great ear muffs! I was borrowing the little foam ones from work all the time but these are nice cause now my neighbor won't try and talk to me while i am cutting wood.

Stew

Gee, I go away for a three week vacation to Europe and everybody's getting earplugs!!!!

Hope I didn't miss the re-stocking.... :biggrinbounce2:

i had mine in like two days! unreal.

great products.now i just have to find a dealer to buy from in the future.

VERY IMPRESSED with the qaulity of product I reciveid!! And told them that when they called!!!!

Back