freeing piston after nearly 30 years in storage?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work! Even better remembering to buy grease! EVEN better to remember to report back here! LoL!:hmm3grin2orange:

I guess they use a grease gun to tighten tank tracks, so there's got to me a bit of force there.

Tanks, dozers, excavators, all types of tracked equipment. You can get 10 000 psi out of a manual gun.

Had few old outboards from the 1930s one i had to soak in diesel for three years
finally broke free one warm summer day it takes time ,,,after getting unseized i looked at the cylinder walls they still looked rough and the rust turned to rusty colored mud..
honed em out a lil it ran for years after..

Persistance! Congrats. I agree with Mark on the aerokroil, but I have to order it by mail. I have had a success with Marvel's Mystery oil on frozen pistons. It is cheap and available everywhere

Always used kerosene. If it is a 1 cyl or a V8. Just fill up the whole motor and soak for a bit. Break it free, drain and run it.

These days I use, listen up I'll say it once, Deep Creep. CRC fogging oil for storage is the same thing. Heat helps. I like the grease trick. Used it for years to change pilot bushings and bearings. Deep Creep oops, is the only thing to use on old saltwater OB's motors, trust me on that.

Never had to resort to anything more after that but torch and a brass drift at the same time. I have had friends use a fire cracker for that 12 GA effect :) My idea :)
Nuttin moves things like Magnum shells! :cool2:

Last edited:
Back