• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Fresh 661r for 088/880 (Pending)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I gotta put this feeler out there.
I've owned this saw a month. It was New when I received it.
The next tank will be number 6. It's a 9-2016 Date of manufacture.
Has a Maxflow with frogskins since new. Hour meter installed mid way through second tank. (Original air cover and HD2 included).
I've given it a proper "break in". Just started to use WOT for a few cuts with this last tank (number 5)... it's a beast!
I have 20" and 36" Stihl bars and some chains.. will likely keep all that unless it makes a trade work.

So the deal is....
I'm about to clamp this baby into a Mill for the next year approximately.
I thought just now, why not look for a trade first for another 30cc's to get some headroom.
I'm sure there is someone out there with a nice 088 or 880 that might rather have a 661.

I got the 661 for it's lighter weight but honestly.... I'll not really be able to tell weight in the mill.
I think I will rather appreciate having more cubes and greater oiling ability of an 8-series saw on tap.

Please PM with any interest. Some dough plus or minus either way depending on what you have.
Looking for solid well cared for examples only... no builders please. Thanks!

40650943320_bc4689fde5_b.jpg

42459573681_51aa7a25b9_b.jpg

40651005240_d342cb50aa_b.jpg

Thanks, it's just a cheapy tach/hour meter from ebay.
I zip strapped it on for now.
The tach comes with a 3' or so lead which I coiled up and put behind the air filter cover.
If this saw makes it on to the mill, I'll probably mount the meter directly on the mill where I can see it.
I don't know if it's super accurate on the Tach side but, it seems to be repeating the same readings so it will work to monitor going ons.
These things are so simple and inexpensive, Steal and Hooskavoodoodoo should really have Tach/hour meters integrated onto these saws ....

My thoughts as well, all the hire priced saws should have them. I wasn’t sure if you had or found some sort of mount as I have recently purchased a Stihl, Husqvarna & Moose racing meters/tachs and haven’t decided where/how to mount them on a couple of my saws.

Guess it will be zip ties for now unless I can rig somethin else up

I got one of those 2-3 months ago, tried it out and it was reading about 1/2 the RPM it should have
in the default setting. So I messed with it a bit, & still didn't add up. So, I thought it was a pos,
(shrugged / worth a shot) then tossed it in the toolbox. Then a cpl days ago, saw it laying there
and decided to give it another try, (with 5 wraps on plug wire) & Bingo it worked properly lol!
I was pleasantly surprised, I had set my saw to about 11,6k by ear & just bumped her to 12k
w/ this lil' meter. These are slow on the refresh rate about 2-3secs, but after your saw is warmed up-
its good enough for my needs. :crazy:

OH btw NICE saw!!!

You're right V3^^^^ it does seem touchy about how it's installed.
Again, I got it mostly for the hour meter.
The tach needs to be set up correctly for number of pistons and strokes.
The set up is simple but sort of ambiguous...
It's cheap but works fine.

I found a trade thanks for looking and comments.

Back