Frickin 192T!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had to work this morning, spnt four hours in there, then went to drop some pines. One had to be climbed. No biggie, I harnesed up and climbed it, saw was running great, cutting like a champ!! Then it died! If I held the throttle wide open it started right up, but died at idle and when under load. Did that a couple times, the wouldn't start at all!! I fought it in the tree, then climbed down and fought it on the ground, no love.
Old relieable came out, I finished up the climb work with my 350.
Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE MY 046? Yeah, well I do!!!

Anyway, I have two thoughts, I hope I can be guide correctly, because this sucke might just end up in the shop seeing as it's a PITA to work on!!!!
A piece of crap in the carb, or the flywheel, which i convienently sheared the key off of a while back has moved.
Any ideas?

Sorry to hear this Andy........."It hates you"

NAH, it's a great saw, and works wonderfully for what I do, but it's something stuid to fix. And I have always had a bad feeling after shearing off the flywheel key. One of Stihl's beter ideas, like those STUPID new caps!!!

Does a 192 have a reed valve?
A lot of small top handles do.
If it does and something is stopping it from sealing (a small piece of bark, chip, etc.), it will act like that.

Nope, it a transfer and port timed saw, I don't think there has been a reed valve in a saw for 10? years?
This saw is only two and a half years old, and doesn't get used that much.

2 years old doesn't mean anything with the new fuel lines.
I have a ms170 and 2 fs55's that I have replaced the lines on.
It's that funky green type.
Next time I'm going to make my own up.
These were only a year and a half at best.

2 years old doesn't mean anything with the new fuel lines.
I have a ms170 and 2 fs55's that I have replaced the lines on.
It's that funky green type.
Next time I'm going to make my own up.
These were only a year and a half at best.

Sorry, wasn't going there, you made a good point to start with!!
I was just getting that out of the way, so nobody has to ask!
Maybe tomorow I will care enough to look at it, tonight, I'm to tired, and don't care, just getting some ideas of what to look for.

NAH, it's a great saw, and works wonderfully for what I do, but it's something stuid to fix. And I have always had a bad feeling after shearing off the flywheel key. One of Stihl's beter ideas, like those STUPID new caps!!!

Great saw. Like mine.

:monkey: Yeah, that'll be fun hanging off my saddle 50ft in the air

Met a couple of guys on a hunt that use 880's to top trees. Even had pictures. Looked like linebackers for a pro team so I guess it was no problem for them.

Met a couple of guys on a hunt that use 880's to top trees. Even had pictures. Looked like linebackers for a pro team so I guess it was no problem for them.

I've seen it done, and have a few trees around here the could use it.
There may be a few I need the 046 on, but I hope it's few and far between!!!
On the ground I'm not to picky, in a tree, I will use the lightest saw I can get by with!!
My 192 fits that bill nicely!!!

I've seen it done, and have a few trees around here the could use it.
There may be a few I need the 046 on, but I hope it's few and far between!!!
On the ground I'm not to picky, in a tree, I will use the lightest saw I can get by with!!
My 192 fits that bill nicely!!!

I picked up a 192 rear handle today.

Isn't that the same 192T that takes 12 pulls to start? I think it may have been needing some fuel delivery TLC for a while.

Latest posts

Back