Front yard tree removal does not go well

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Five hunnerd dollers!? why in the H#ll would I pay you that kinna money. Mildred, get my saw an meet me out front." :rolleyes:

She should have shot the video from the porch, catching the look on the sawguy's face. Tape retrieval might be difficult though.

I guess it never dawned on him to see where all the weight was in the tree.

DUH

Wonder how much firewood he got out of it since their is now a gaping hole in the house and the extra heat will be needed.

Weight don't mater. You notch this side and back cut that side. Only one way it can go. LOL Hell it ain't rocket science. Hee Hee Hee,:greenchainsaw:

It is amazing how ignorant people can be. This pic is a tree that a customer of mine was cutting while I was doing some stump grinding. He horribly screwed up cutting the notch and then instead of a back cut he bored in from the side, leaving no hinge and of course pinching the bar. When he finished cutting it loose with a bow saw it smashed his kids trampoline. This was one of several trees that he was cutting, all of which he ####ed up with varying degrees of severity. He's an engineer and teaches homeschool kids classes on simple machines, you'd think he'd know better.

Yup, I figured he was joking. I think he was just parroting one of the comments posted under the video. Someone there said " should have cut it on the other side so it would fall the other way". However, I don't think that the poster under the video was joking........... just clueless.
Rick

as gald as i am to see things like this happen................

the general public doesn't seem to learn from it.

oh well,it is priceless entertainment.

Weight don't mater. You notch this side and back cut that side. Only one way it can go. LOL Hell it ain't rocket science. Hee Hee Hee,:greenchainsaw:

always works for me? the notch never lies :chainsaw::camera: just make sure you have your camera handy when you do it. im always game for a good laugh :hmm3grin2orange:

Incline plane

Wedge

Wedge(s) are meant change the lean of a tree.
(among other things)

==========

Wedge

- - - - - - -

Wedge

- - - - - -- --

Wedge + some sort of hammer falling axe mallet whatever.

Wedge

==========

With this being an arborist site and the tree next to a house - I'm sure get a rope would should be mentioned too.

Last edited:
It is amazing how ignorant people can be. This pic is a tree that a customer of mine was cutting while I was doing some stump grinding. He horribly screwed up cutting the notch and then instead of a back cut he bored in from the side, leaving no hinge and of course pinching the bar. When he finished cutting it loose with a bow saw it smashed his kids trampoline. This was one of several trees that he was cutting, all of which he ####ed up with varying degrees of severity. He's an engineer and teaches homeschool kids classes on simple machines, you'd think he'd know better.

That is REALLY ugly! :dizzy:

I would expect a person of normal intelligence to be able do a better job just by reading the instruction manual that comes with most chainsaws. No, I don't think that makes anybody an expert, and I wouldn't want to see people felling trees based only on that, but still, just that much instruction should produce better results. :dizzy:

I have seen beavers do better than that!

Back