fruitless mulberry tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrifrog2frog

Reaction score
I LOVE the shade my fruitless mulberry tree provides! I was wanting to know if it would be O.K. spray the pollen 'thinks' without hurting the tree or leaves.
Thanks!

Mulberry is either male or female, do if you have a cv. that is fruitless then you have a male plant. It will never fruit.

If you have a female and find the fruit messy there are crop thinning agents ou there that will reduce the crop, not eliminate them.

Being growth regulators, I beilieve they require a licensed applicator to do the treatments.

The windw of oportuninty is very small and I have never treated mulberry, so I do not know the effectivenss.

The most common product is "Florel". NAA is also used as well as some common pesticides in fruit crop control.

I would like to get rid of the pollen things without hurting the tree and its wonderful leaves. I would like to take my garden hose and spray the whole tree and hopefull make the pollen season shorter. Thank you!

Ooooohhhhh! OK, Have at it. Rain naturally knocks down pollen so spraying water at the tree will be fine.

Back