Fuel Hose for $4.40 per foot?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Karlstad, MN---Where the earth meets the sky.
I am rebuilding an 011 and the hoses needed replacing. I had the closest dealership send me a couple feet of bulk hose, figuring it would be cheaper(and faster) than ordering them by part number. I also ordered a case gasket. The gasket was about $3 and the hose was $4.40 per foot! Doesn't that seem a little steep or is it just me?

Soooooo

The 1/16th inch hose is $9 a foot?

in all fairness the smaller hoses cost more wholesale I can only imagine because less of it is sold

Yah that's high

I'll have a real price on my bulk soon.
I always used Tygon which is more than vinyl but the MBTE seems to mess up the Tygon some so I am searching and testing various types

stihltech said:
Seems a little high, but not too bad. It is the best hose I have used, by far.

That's good. I feel a little better. I wouldn't mind having some alternatives, or at least a little more choices as to where I can get this kind of hose. I live 40 miles from the Stihl dealership, so they mail my orders to me. I can get the same service on-line.

PEST said:
I'll have a real price on my bulk soon.
I always used Tygon which is more than vinyl but the MBTE seems to mess up the Tygon some so I am searching and testing various types

Keep me posted, PEST.

The hose is metric... not 1/8 etc.. and needs to be the correct size to seal on the 011 case (no grommets) and the carb nipple. The MSRP Of the BULK reel is about 75c to $2.20 per foot... depends on how much the dealer purchases at a time.

It looks like your dealer charged you the list price for the 011 specific fuel line - about $4.20 out here - and threw in extra.

I won't use any other than the Stihl fuel line - it is really good stuff.

Lakeside53 said:
The hose is metric... not 1/8 etc.. and needs to be the correct size to seal on the 011 case (no grommets) and the carb nipple. The MSRP Of the BULK reel is about 75c to $2.20 per foot... depends on how much the dealer purchases at a time.

It looks like your dealer charged you the list price for the 011 specific fuel line - about $4.20 out here - and threw in extra.

I won't use any other than the Stihl fuel line - it is really good stuff.

Maybe it would have been cheaper if I had given the part numbers for the hoses instead of asking for hose that fit the 011. I don't do enough business with them for me to expect them to give me a discount. I can't blame them for making money off of me. Now, if I had purchased a few saws there....

Back