Fuel lines and trimmers..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepsifreak28

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a alternative fix for the delema of fuel line shrink on equipment seams every year im replaceing fuel lines.

I was wondering if anyone had a alternative fix for the delema of fuel line shrink on equipment seams every year im replaceing fuel lines.

What line are you using? Ethanol is hard on stuff, but tygon will give multiple years, and black rubber lines a decade:dunno:

fuel line

These are trash picked weed wackers
but I did notice on the one I use the fuel line I replaced last season was hard
the fuel line I got from the local hardware had a green/yellow color to it.
I'm guessing it was the Tygothane line your talking about I wonder if you can get rubber hose in that size
im sick of replaceing fuel lines every season they charge 2 bucks a foot for the green fuel line it's not super expensive but more annoying to replace every season.

Buy a stihl trimmer.

This.

I have an FS110 that has fuel in it every day of the year, and has for 4 years now. It sits for 6 months out of the year, I may start it now and then depending on my mood but nothing with regularity. The only thing I have done to it is add fuel, squeeze throttle and repeat. I should add that the first two years I ran it on 89 octane ethanol laced crud. The last two years it has seen only 92 octane non ethanol gas. HP Ultra has always been used. Use good gas if you can find it and HP Ultra.

Maybe consider buying a stihl fuel line that will fit your trash picked trimmers. I've owned this '66 for about 10 years, the fuel line appears original.

[video=youtube;nwo0IGW2hMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwo0IGW2hMM[/video]

Maybe I'm just lucky... This year I finally had to replace the lines on my 1996 Poulan 2050 and 2001 Poulan 2400 weedeater. I always use fuel stabilizer, I think that is the main reason.

Yes, the yellow crap that you are using is not real Tygon!!!!!!!!

I resent that comment,, it says tygon on the line and the box,,shipping papers etc,etc says tygon :msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Maybe consider buying a stihl fuel line that will fit your trash picked trimmers. I've owned this '66 for about 10 years, the fuel line appears original.

[video=youtube;nwo0IGW2hMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwo0IGW2hMM[/video]

daisey dukes shorts would make the vid more interesting

Someone posted yesterday that there was a NEW tygon fuel line called..'tygothane'
(you can google it and it comes up)

It doesn't say if it's more resistant to ethanol or not...but it is available to buy.
:cheers:
J2F

These are trash picked weed wackers
but I did notice on the one I use the fuel line I replaced last season was hard
the fuel line I got from the local hardware had a green/yellow color to it.
I'm guessing it was the Tygothane line your talking about I wonder if you can get rubber hose in that size
im sick of replaceing fuel lines every season they charge 2 bucks a foot for the green fuel line it's not super expensive but more annoying to replace every season.

You should be able to buy a fifty foot roll of the stuff for $30-$40 if you look around a little.

Latest posts

Back