Fuel Prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What are you paying for fuel?

It came down to 2.04 on average For diesel Here today A buddy of mine told me he saw it for 1.93! :blob2:

Diesel I believe around here is in the $2.25 - $2.30 / gal range. I just paid $2.26 the other day for regular unleaded. Those prices have probably gone up in the past few days.

Here in Ok, 87 octane is running anywhere from 1.66 to 1.73. last I noticed, diesel was 2.02. If you buy a gift card @ walmart, you can take another 3 cents off at the murphy oil station out front.

Diesel is $2.15 here. Regular gas is $1.95. The Diesel hasn't changed in a Month. the Gas was up to 2.09 and has dropped.

according to gas futures Fuel should come down this month but be The highest ever in febuary. :eek:

I am the winner so far. I pay $2.529 per gal. for diesel. Reg. unleaded is $2.329 here at most places. You can get it at Costco for $2.159. I am about to get a new chip truck soon. Although I always got diesels, I am thinking I would be better off buying a gas engine. Especially since I drive less than 12K miles a year.

$2.05 here for gas, only one station sells diesel, and its out of the way a bit, haven't been past there in a few days.
-Ralph

here

over here diesel is about £0.85 a litre, i worked it out at $6.375 a gallon using my simple maths...anyone wnat to move over here?

jamie

Here in Toronto I paid 74.1 cents per litre which with the exchange comes to about US$2.30 per US gallon. Would have been quite a bit cheaper a couple of years ago in US $ but our $ is very high against the greenback. Thanks Wubya for making my impending US vacation a lot cheaper!

Diesel is at $2.29, down from $2.34, but up from $2.26. Prices are on a yo-yo from day to day. 87 is running right around $2.06, w/ super at $2.25.

Diesel has done nothing but climb since I bought my new truck in June. Go figure.:rolleyes:

RFGs suck to pay for. Cleaner fuel is good though. Also good for anyone in the analytical chem biz selling equipent for total Sulfur in gasolines and diesel fuel with a sensitivity of ppb (parts per billion).

Gas is expensive here. That is ok. I like in a country that is less than half the size of the state I used to live in. I would rather pay $4/gallon in Germany with a fuel efficient auto than $2 in Texas with a gas guzzlin' F350.

I paid €1.09 per liter yesterday. The $$ is so weak now that it comes to quite a few $$/gal. Good days to be earnin €;)

if you had voted for a president who would have stopped bombing the **** out of iraq feul prices would have probably gone down ;) i have no sympathy for ya..go on bite back some body :D

Last edited:
Koa, I own both gas and diesel rigs. Longevity of gasoline engines is excellent nowadays but diesels are still champs and even with higher diesel prices the greater energy available in diesel/efficiency of the diesel engines make the diesels cheaper to operate. I don't envy you your decision.:)

Originally posted by Newfie

Diesel has done nothing but climb since I bought my new truck in June.

So Newfie, you finally admitted you are the cause of all these rising diesel prices. :laugh:

Most likely I will end up with another diesel. Dealing on a new F550 chip truck with a dealer in VA right now. We are real close in price, only about a $1000 apart., started out around $2500 apart. I am looking into these kits that let you run the diesels on filtered waste vegetable oil that you can get from restaurants. MA has a company that will convert your truck to run both for $800. Your fuel will then cost you less than a $1 a gal.

2.30/gal for diesel sawgas is 2.28, And if they were really taking over the middle east as I thought they were we should be paying alot less.

They did an article in the paper a couple of weeks ago about those kits for diesel engines which allow you to burn waste veggie oil. I have 1 main concern though, how does that affect your warranty?

I filled up my diesel at $2.31 the other day.

Koa , is the dealer going to ship that truck to you for free?

Back