Fuel tank labels

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking, I bought my 660 about 8-10 years ago. I got a 36” bar, 25” bar, 4 chains, a gallon of bar oil, and a six pack of 5 gallon oil mix. The list was a bit over $1300. I told him I had cash and he knocked another $300 off. Total was about $1050. I should go back and tell my dealer I still owe him money.

Dis stihl stop putting labels one the hand guard ever? In this picture its missing the lable and the ait box screw adjustment looks wrong. I wont give this amount i am more just looking for knowledge I have two 660 s so dont need a thrid but could use a 064 and a ms 650

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174759074497?hash=item28b073dac1:g:SSEAAOSwEJhgk2bR
Safety labels on Stihl are mandatory and Stihl will even GIVE you replacements at no charge.

This aw looks "funny" as the Engine Family label is also missing. Some dumb thieves think that the Engine Family label contains the serial number and may remove it to try to cover their tracks. If I was interested in that saw (and I am NOT) I would PM the seller for a legible photo of both the Engine Family label and the serial number.

Safety labels on Stihl are mandatory and Stihl will even GIVE you replacements at no charge.

This aw looks "funny" as the Engine Family label is also missing. Some dumb thieves think that the Engine Family label contains the serial number and may remove it to try to cover their tracks. If I was interested in that saw (and I am NOT) I would PM the seller for a legible photo of both the Engine Family label and the serial number.

I might just do that just for fun

His reply

Look at picture this chainsaw doesn’t come with the warning stickers or screens in the muffler they haven’t sold this chainsaw in any of the USA dealers at least 20 years! There is no EPA laws in other countries where this chainsaw is sold so unless you go to Malaysia or have a time machine you’re not gonna get one again this chainsaw is ALL OEM ALL factory stock with the bad ass big carburetor on it unlimited coil and unlimited oil pump one of the best chainsaws STHIL made!​

I am shocked, for the asking price of that saw the word "vintage" is missing.
You could almost purchase 2 new 661's for that price.

His reply

Look at picture this chainsaw doesn’t come with the warning stickers or screens in the muffler they haven’t sold this chainsaw in any of the USA dealers at least 20 years! There is no EPA laws in other countries where this chainsaw is sold so unless you go to Malaysia or have a time machine you’re not gonna get one again this chainsaw is ALL OEM ALL factory stock with the bad ass big carburetor on it unlimited coil and unlimited oil pump one of the best chainsaws STHIL made!​

Like I said, Idiot, likely fraudulent, seller. The safety labels should be there regardless of region. Engine family maybe not if it was for outside the U.S.... Or the tank has been replaced and is not original or Stihl. Where is the photo of the serial number? That serial number would explain a lot!

He is also selling an 064 which looks suspicious as in no serial number on the case where I think that it should be. Can someone say Chinesium? Looks like a pig with lipstick!

Thank for the confirmation that it's what I thought. That it truly isn't a 100 precent stihl and I hope everyone enjoyed this as well

Back