Full House Chain???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich-

the full house chain I know of is a chain where every strap is a cutter, they're primarily used in log home building for notching and in chainsaw carving.

Hi Jacob, I think the one you are refering to may be the Royal Flush. Rotax Robert posted it awhile back. The full house is just ahead of the semi skip.
John

I would like to know what do you do when that big of a tree starts falling. Dump the saw and dive off the spring board. Dropping a tree that big would be a rush. I think the biggest tree around here would be the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.

Well Marky get out there and fell it!

No sir I don't know him.

No, I had nothing to do with it.

I was not there.

The computer record was altered.;)

I want to make a trip out to Orville and run some of Bafoons Clubs. That table will take a while to finish but I will ge it done. Here's my main helper Loop Hole Louey, Lou helped me get the town off my back about noise and expanding my Gentlemans farm. Here's a pic from New Years eve at my House in VT. I cooked and Lou did the dishes.

now Tom my house is not round or square so can i still get a full house chain
i know one thing i got to many hours in to this nail cutting , wood burning ,won't cut rotax chain
i think i will try it on backwards to see if that helps
i will time it both ways and let you know

Originally posted by Rich Hoffman
What is involved in making a full house chain?

There are two ways, either buy the chain parts in bags and spin them together, but that's expensive, or break apart two chains and spin the parts together to make one chain.
To buy Oregon chain parts you can just go to the website, look up the part numbers, and order them from an Oregon dealer.
Building a racing chain this way offers the advantage of being able to work on the cutters (and other part too) while they are off the chain.

Marky Mark,
That's kind of rude making the guest do dishes BEFORE dinner, isn't it?
(the steaks are still on the cutting board)
(and the dog knows it!)

Jeez Tommy, I hate defending JimL because I often think that he is full of sh!t too, but I think that he was being facetious, or joking, when he made his remark about "semi chisel on backwards" or whatever the heck he said.

BTW, nics pics. I`m enjoying them and your commentary as well.

Russ

yah tom i was just blowin smoke.
now way my chains cut as fast as yours.

maybe you could show how to make them fast :D :D

Hey Tom I sent the 090's out this morning, check your email for the tracking. They are both going to Bafoon's house. The pics of the chain look great and I am sending the grinder housing also out for the adjustment mods.
Thanks again for all your help.

Hey Tom, did that jack tree go up the hill, or off side ways. Watching the video, I couldn't tell. The camera moved right when it started to go, and you were pumping, and then when the tree hit it looked like it was on the other side of the standing tree on the left. Also, it looked like you ran out of ground, if you no what I mean. haha Nice pictures! Dennis

Confused

Tom, the video is confusing to me, no kidding! It looks like your gunning it on the left side of the other stand. Then the camera shows the top just starting to move, and then moves quickly away from viewing the top. So you can't tell where the tree is going for a second. Then it hits and rolls down and bangs some little saplings below. Then the camera shows a view of the stump. This is what is confusing to me, the stump looks like the tree is gunned straight up the hill, and above those other trees. The only thing I can figure is the camera man moved and changed the angle of the stump. Go back and look at the video and tell me if you see an up hill stump angle in the picture. Still your friend! Dennis

Hi Tom, I too checked out the video again several times, and as Dennis noted, you left in a wicked dutchmen and your chain was cutting tobaggans, thus the fibre pull when the undercut closed.
Shall I give your chain the 90 second Gypo tickle, or is that just the way they do it in Calif?
Tom, check out the chain I got from Dennis Caboom, I get an extra cut every time.
John the Stump Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back